has anyone gone to medical school in their late 20s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sense that OP has a perfectionist attitude towards things he identifies with strongly, like grades. This is influenced by parents. I know what it's like. But we can learn to accept our current positions and move forward. And not debase ourselves for the could've should've we see in hindsight.

You're right that CC orgo is easier but I think most of us didn't know that. I had B- in orgo 1 and a B in orgo 2 and I still got a DO spot. Just do well in other upper level classes.

Members don't see this ad.

The banned OP has returned...
Holy ***! I didn't see that response! Just noticed that s/he had "disliked" my comment about him being banned. That, and the new screen name, made me suspect that s/he attempted a respawn. Kudos to the mods for picking up on that so fast.

I truly feel sorry for the kid, who is very sick. Hopefully s/he can get some help for his issues.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
OP, if you do read this, I sincerely hope that you seek some professional help.

There's a wealth of sage advice in this thread that has been very patiently provided by a lot of kind strangers, I hope that you can internalize some of it at a later date. Literally everyone I have met in my class is brilliant and highly accomplished, and I can tell you that these external comparisons will not help you in the long run -- everyone has to run their own race. Comparison is the thief of joy.

There's a lot of roads to medicine and diverse perspectives only add strength to the field overall. Finally, I cannot emphasize this enough, medicine is a team sport and it's crucial that you can play nice with others.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OP, if you do read this, I sincerely hope that you seek some professional help.

There's a wealth of sage advice in this thread that has been very patiently provided by a lot of kind strangers, I hope that you can internalize some of it at a later date. Literally everyone I have met in my class is brilliant and highly accomplished, and I can tell you that these external comparisons will not help you in the long run -- everyone has to run their own race. Comparison is the thief of joy.

There's a lot of roads to medicine and diverse perspectives only add strength to the field overall. Finally, I cannot emphasize this enough, medicine is a team sport and it's crucial that you can play nice with others.
I sincerely hope adcoms take that into account because it is very true.

Oh, OP came back?
143540267_10159156712264312_6195802410247212301_n.jpg

Economics is applied math. I got an A in microeconomics (applied multivariable calculus) and an A- in econometrics, a tough stats class with proofs. So. I have gotten A's in math.I
Damn I missed this ****storm but also wanted to chime in. I was an Econ major at HYPSM and lmao at OP thinking microeconomics is a math class. Even econometrics was considered an “easier” class, because seriously, how many times can you complicate regressions?

The level of “I’m clearly better than the lowly cc students” and “OMG BERKELEY IS SUCH A HARD SCHOOL” and “but I’m trash I only got a B in orgo but wait don’t say I didn’t get an A in math”... smh. I sincerely hope OP doesn’t come across this way IRL or else those R’s will roll in after every interview.