Has anyone got a couple C's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORamahiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Couple of C's applicant here. Nope you're fine. You're on an upward trend so that's good, continue the trend into your junior year and you should be ok assuming you can get your sGPA to the 3.1-3.3 range at least. You're gonna want to score above average on the DAT to compensate, ideally 21+.

Reactions: 1 user
I got 6 Cs and 3 Ws if that matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with above. Strive for a strong DAT score.

Like everyone else on this thread, you'll be fine! I had several C's and W's, but I did a post bacc and a Masters. Don't give up! Just do your best to get your EC's up and a great DAT score. You have plenty of time.

I was curious if anyone received a couple C's during there undergrad time and still was able to apply after junior year? It makes me nervous thinking about it because I apply next year.
Freshman year GPAS:
Sophomore year GPAS
Starting junior year in the fall. As in upper level bios and Chems

Are the C's in prereq classes, like Gen chem and Gen Bio? If that is the case I can imagine it would cause more trouble than if they were in GE classes.

Are the C's in prereq classes, like Gen chem and Gen Bio? If that is the case I can imagine it would cause more trouble than if they were in GE classes.
Just gen chem 1/2. I got As in bio1/2 and ochem 1/2 and As in the english 1/2. Just a bad freshman year really. But I have hella shadowing and volunteering hours as well as ECs and leadership. I also have a lot more determination now and will maintain the upward trend for sure.

Just gen chem 1/2. I got As in bio1/2 and ochem 1/2 and As in the english 1/2. Just a bad freshman year really. But I have hella shadowing and volunteering hours as well as ECs and leadership. I also have a lot more determination now and will maintain the upward trend for sure.
Make sure you spread your shadowing out. it better to have 100 hours over 2 years and than over 2 months.

Make sure you spread your shadowing out. it better to have 100 hours over 2 years and than over 2 months.
Yup I have 200 hours over a year and a half so far with 3 different dentists

If you got C's in chem, I would make sure to do well on this section on the DAT. If your C's are brought up in interviews you can alway say how you improved! I agree with everyone else. With a 21+ score I think you'll have no problem. congrats on the upward trend, you got this!

Similar GPA trend, I got barely above 3.0 BCP. I had a total of 8 C's, handful of B's and rest A's and I got 3 acceptances out of 4 interview invites. As cliche as this sounds, it's your passion and commitment to dentistry that matters.

For what it's worth, based on my numbers alone, many people on SDN and in real life dismissed me as a soon-to-be re-applicant. So don't count yourself out.

Reactions: 5 users
Similar GPA trend, I got barely above 3.0 BCP. I had a total of 8 C's, handful of B's and rest A's and I got 3 acceptances out of 4 interview invites. As cliche as this sounds, it's your passion and commitment to dentistry that matters.

For what it's worth, based on my numbers alone, many people on SDN and in real life dismissed me as a soon-to-be re-applicant. So don't count yourself out.
What was your DAT? Did you do a masters? How about ECs? Just curious.

Last edited:

Hi! My Stats are quiet similar to yours, if you don't mind me asking which schools did you get accepted at? And was ur DAT score high?

When you submit your application do you indicate specific dates when you shadowed ?
Or is it organized in a different way ?
Just curious.

When you submit your application do you indicate specific dates when you shadowed ?
Or is it organized in a different way ?
Just curious.
I only shadowed one GD for 2 years. Not specific date just month start and end.

What was your DAT? Did you do a masters? How about ECs? Just curious.

21 AA with a bomb of a bio score at 18. No masters, if I had to do that, I told myself that I'd take the GMAT and get an MBA instead. I've had over 1000 hrs of ECs, mostly volunteering in the shadiest parts of LA. I did have 200 hrs of shadowing and countless hours of dental assisting, on top of a dead-end career (high school teacher). Also not URM....

Hi! My Stats are quiet similar to yours, if you don't mind me asking which schools did you get accepted at? And was ur DAT score high?

USC, AT Still AZ, and UMN. I'm shocked by USC and UMN since my stats are way below their averages, GPA-wise. But like I mentioned before, passion for dentistry is what counts.

Reactions: 1 users
21 AA with a bomb of a bio score at 18. No masters, if I had to do that, I told myself that I'd take the GMAT and get an MBA instead. I've had over 1000 hrs of ECs, mostly volunteering in the shadiest parts of LA. I did have 200 hrs of shadowing and countless hours of dental assisting, on top of a dead-end career (high school teacher). Also not URM....

USC, AT Still AZ, and UMN. I'm shocked by USC and UMN since my stats are way below their averages, GPA-wise. But like I mentioned before, passion for dentistry is what counts.
Oh ok. I can imagine your ECs helped you a lot. Especially the fact that you were a high school teacher and your assisting/volunteering. So you weren't the typical applicant. A 3.0 21 AA probably wouldn't suffice for your average Joe..
Congrats though man, that's an inspiring story :)