Has anyone heard anything from UCLA/DREW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey peeps, I have sent my secondary application to the UCLA/DREW program more than 2 months ago and I still have not heard anything from them. If anyone out there has already interviewed there, can you tell me how long was the wait between submitting your secondary and getting an invitation to interview? Also was it through email or snail mail? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

can't help you out with interview information, but i can tell you that they rejected me last week. my file had been complete for a couple of months. it wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that i got the postcard verifying that my file was indeed complete. then a rejection last week. i get the impression that they reject you pretty quickly once they look at your file and they decide that they aren't impressed. if you have received the app. complete postcard, but nothing since, you might still have a fighting chance. good luck

hey ssd, thanks for the reply. Actually I have not even received the postcard that says that my application is complete...I heard their program is very competitive, due to the few number of spots that they have and the large number of applicantswho apply. Does anybody else have any comments?

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my secondary in the beginning of Dec. and I interviewed on Jan. 26. At the interview they said they interview exactly 240 people, but that we were there first interview day, so there still is hope. The interview notification came through e-mail, and I got my app. complete post card a week before I got my interview invite. Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions i'll try and answer them.

I have an interview next week. Took them about a month to get back to me.

bump...have they already started accepting people?