HAS ANYONE NOT GOTTEN THEIR MCATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joon Lee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all.

Has anybody out there not gotten their actual paper copies of their MCAT scores. If you're actually a smart-alek and want to mention, for the millionth time, that I can get the scores from AMCAS...you could probably spare yourself the typing. I was one of the original posters with this information, so I know about it. It's been 67 days since the MCAT and I have yet to receive my scores. I took them at UCLA and I am getting the scores in Los Angeles. If ANYBODY has failed to receive their scores...PLEASE inform me. I was figuring on giving the fools at the MCAT a call, but I thought I might want to save myself from going hoarse by actually verifying that I'm the only shlub that's managed to not get his yet.

Please respond if you haven't...I'd be much obliged.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Chill out buddy...no need for the sterness. I understand your frustration. Don't worry if you're the only one who hasn't recieved your scores yet and call them. I can't see how saying "other people haven't recieved theirs either" will help you any...the fact is YOU have not recieved YOURS and that's a problem. Call them, and take care.

In response Joon Lee wrote (in a private message):

"If I can't say, "Don't send me any more information about checking AMCAS because it's been done before," is that a crime? Why are you bashing me for saying this? As for the comment, look Gandhi, if others haven't received their either, I could spare myself the trouble of having to go through thirty-minutes on hold. If it's just me, then I know I have a problem. If others haven't received theirs either, then I know that I have to be more patient, and that crisis in DC might have played a role in the delay. Do you think that you could possibly refrain from this Holier-than-thou attitude for just one minute? Oh, and I hope you've noticed that I managed to post a private message rather than some posting some meanness in a public forum for all to see. That's the type of control I would wish upon other members of this group. Thanks for the advice though."

If you're actually a smart-alek and want to mention, for the millionth time, that I can get the scores from AMCAS...you could probably spare yourself the typing.

I never intended to advise you to "get the scores from AMCAS" as you so eloquently stated as being uninformative. Rather my attempt was to advise you to call them and let them know about the situation. Do what you want man. I apologize for my advice, as I was unaware of your strict posting guidlines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this kid seems like a really swell guy. [[[will control my urge to tell him where to stick the MCAT scores....]]] --Trek

Hey Joon...never mind. I have some better advise for you. It's your own. (October 18, 2001)

Please don't worry...the MCATs don't get lost...

Hope this helps.

Not nice, Darwin. You are a real crummy person. I don't know if you noticed but it was private message, so as to prevent others from becoming inflamed, and so that you would be able to reply to me directly. You, opposed to what I would expect from someone with the handle, "Darwin," completely misused and contorted my responses. The smart-alek thing was directed at OTHER PEOPLE who had responded to my earlier post, who logged in simply to make themselves feel better by telling me to look at my application online. It was only ONE line, but it seemed to made you sufficiently angry. It had nothing to do with YOUR advice. Your advice was excellent, but when I was making an open request for people to inform me whether they've received their scores in Los Angeles, and you respond by telling me, "Hey dude, chill out...take a breather...call them up dude." Look, DAD, we all aren't perfect people with Gandhi attitudes. I hope you get into medical school because you'd probably be a stress-free and awesome physicians. We all can't be that way, but the great ones always manage to keep their opinions to themselves and try to abstain from giving others the impression that they've reached some guru status -enough to tell others how to lead their lives. They help without sounding self-righteous. Thanks for your intent, but your execution was HORRIBLE. And the fact that you posted a private message, well...that speaks volumes of your despicable character. Again...thanks.

Oh and Trek...I'll send you a private message about where I could stick my MCAT scores. THANKS for the overwhelming support. Oh, and by putting the comment in parentheses, it didn't make you look petty at all...because nobody can read within parentheses.

Sounds like you need some of the wine I got. There still is a little left... If not, then take a Prozac! You need to relax. Obviously, these pre-med things have stirred you up. My question is: WHO CARES? It doesn't matter in the long run, no matter how much you think not getting your scores affects you. Schools can still get them huh? Or are they waiting on you return receipt? I imagine you as one of those kids who strives to make 100% percent on every little thing. I, and you can call me a slacker, realize that a 90% results in the same letter grade. Will you wither and die if your scores don't get to you? I imagine not, and if you somehow do, then you probably shouldn't be going through the process anyway. Stress is a common thing in EVERYONE'S life and should you think that your's is worse, then I will tell you about an average day for me. Relax. Your circumstances are no reason for you to go off on a diatribe against everyone!

Hey dustinpeer...thanks for the breath of fresh air. I may have come off a little crazy. I had two earlier posts where I asked the same question and nobody answered my question, either way. Instead they just wrote and told me to check online. Then this other person started attacking me for no reason. So I wrote him personally, which he aired publicly. I got upset. As for the picture you drew of me, it's a little off. I'm old, did enough drinking to get me into trouble during undergrad, and this is my real shot, a clear six years after graduating. UC Davis sends me a letter asking me to fax my score to them. I haven't received my score report, while everybody else has. I'm a little worried that I've been shafted again by some big bureaucratic body, so I'm a little shaken. On top of all that, they have an application deadline, and it's rapidly approaching. This is the only school that asked, but I know that UC Irvine and others like MCW also want us to send it, despite the fact that they're getting electronic updates. So, I'm up the creek with no paddle. The fact that I posted twice earlier and the underhandedness of one individual managed to set me off. I certainly apologize for anything untowards in my own remarks, but I don't feel like I'm the only one who should issue one. Oh and don't forget the guy who told me to shove my scores somewhere...really classy on his part. Oh, but he put them in triple parentheses so he's forgiven.

Good point. but you need to do what the guy who you told off recommended to do! CALL

We all can't be that way, but the great ones always manage to keep their opinions to themselves and try to abstain from giving others the impression that they've reached some guru status -enough to tell others how to lead their lives. They help without sounding self-righteous.

Oh really...then why this other private message? And under a new name no less.(juniusceez)

I do realize you were trying to help. You did come off as trying to give answers to a question I didn't ask. Also, you started criticizing me in a responding post, when you seemingly have no outstanding credentials to recommend you as a critic. I was offended, and you were likewise offended by my PRIVATE message to you. You are a very cheap person for having posted it, and I do apologize for having come off as a rather brusque individual, but I DO NOT apologize for calling you a louse for having posted a private message. Were you trying to rally people to your defense, like that brown-noser TREK? I hope you're in medical school, because I'm praying to whatever forces control our lives that someone is able to see through your facade and is able to deem you to be the individual that you truly are: trite and hurtful.

Moderators please?

What are you talking about the different name? Are you crazy? Now you're getting irritated...calm down dude. Use your grownup voice.

Geez. . . I think there's been enough posts
to this extremely negative thread. Everyone here just needs to 'settle down now"in the immortal words of Cheri O'teri (sp?) on SNL...

Please, NO more fighting!

juniusceez just sent you (Darwin) a Private Message at The Student Doctor Network.

Here is the message sent by juniusceez:

Subject: I'm sorry about the offense you may have taken
--------------------------------------------------

I do realize you were trying to help. You did come off as trying to give answers to a question I didn't ask. Also, you started criticizing me in a responding post, when you seemingly have no outstanding credentials to recommend you as a critic. I was offended, and you were likewise offended by my PRIVATE message to you. You are a very cheap person for having posted it, and I do apologize for having come off as a rather brusque individual, but I DO NOT apologize for calling you a louse for having posted a private message. Were you trying to rally people to your defense, like that brown-noser TREK? I hope you're in medical school, because I'm praying to whatever forces control our lives that someone is able to see through your facade and is able to deem you to be the individual that you truly are: trite and hurtful.

This was the e-mail. No new name...ahh did just find out that if you changed your name it changes all your past posts, realize how this would make you look, change it back and then try to cover it up? Keep em' coming.

Members don't see this ad :)
All animosity aside...what are you talking about other name stuff. I was only granted one account on this website. It's the only one. It certainly would be since they make you wait for a couple of days after registering. You're sounding a little off. I didn't mean to make you upset, and make you want to tattle to the moderators. I told them myself before your post that I wanted out, but truth is truth and you still called for them. That was kinda weird. Look, you win, okay? Is that what you wanted? You win, I lose. I thought you sounded a little self-righteous, but your advice was sound. I was a littled ticked off that NOBODY answered whether they had gotten their reports in the mail in Los Angeles...maybe nobody on this site is from LA. Anyway, sorry for the turnabout, and I'm sure it wasn't deserved...although your later responses seem to put that in a little doubt. Anyway, try to private message me if you can.

Take a chill pill, people. Your MCAT score will come some time in the future.. maybe the mailman misplaced it?

Originally posted by Darwin:

This was the e-mail. No new name...ahh did just find out that if you changed your name it changes all your past posts, realize how this would make you look, change it back and then try to cover it up? Keep em' coming.•

I'm being absolutely serious about this...what are you talking about? My account still reads, "Joon Lee" You see how I use my real name Darwin? I have no idea about changing anything. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about...I swear. Again, if it makes you stop fighting...I'm sorry...okay?

To digress from these hostile posts...
My sister asked them to send her score to LA, I don't think she still hasn't received it yet. It seems to me that this isn't a regional problem. Everybody here at Ithaca, NY seems to have gotten their scores a week ago on the same day, but one of my friend hasn't still received her score yet. I think it's an individual case. Joon, I hope this helps. Let me know what is going on with MCAT people if you ever call them. I would really like to know for my sister and my friend's sake. Thanks! :)

Sure thing...I'm gonna have to wait until next week unfortunately, but if you could tolerate all the negative stuff, I'll get the update posted, if I'm still around.

wow, the air sure is thick in here...
well, it is a shame you have not received your scores (I think the mail is moving extra slow these days - my mail has taken an awful long time to get to thir destinations). Why don't you try calling UC Davis - they are really nice - and tell them your situation, and ask them what other options you may have at this time (like sending the AMCAS printout or something). And if they insist on the original scores, you should call the MCAT people and have them re-send them in case they got lost.
I think I read your original post and saw that someone had given you advice to check the paper AMCAS, and I remember thinking: "what? he already said he has those." Whoever it was that replied probably just skimmed the thread title without reading your whole post and responded with information you already had. It's frustrating, but you seem to have gotten angry with a responder to your current thread, but I think he/she was trying to help. This has all been a misunderstanding due to lack of context in written posts (many of these would sound nicer and more helpful in person). Anyhow, good luck getting those MCATs - call Davis and the MCAT people, I'm sure something will be worked out.
-ln

SnudgeMuffin,

Are you a Cornellian??

DD
Class of '01

Yes, I am a class of 2003. It is surely ithacating here. So how are things with your application process? You must have taken some time off since Cornell. I am actually thinking about that too. Any advice? Good luck with everything! :)

Things are going pretty well here. I've been working pretty much right after graduation at a lab, since applying to med schools is quite costly. But it is definitely better than having to worry about homework and prelims, so I highly recommend taking a year off. Besides, the adcomms will get to see an extra year of grades, and it gives you a chance to improve your qualifications with better grades and more activities. :)

Howdy folks...I added a new thread, but I figured I should post here as well. I went ahead and spoke to the MCAT...the number is 319-337-1357, so don't even bother calling the 202 number. They gave me a fax number for sending requests for re-send. Apparently, they'll send it out as fast as within the given day. The fax number is (319)337-1122 and you should provide some word as to why you're asking for a re-send, as well as your address, phone number, name and Social Security number. Good luck and thanks to most you folks.

Joon