Has anyone received a rejection letter but then got an acceptance letter later on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ltnguyen22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll take the time to explain my question. I just got a rejection letter from my top choice school. I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced the same, but then sometime later, but before the program starts, get a letter from the same school saying that they actually do have a spot for you? This school doesn't seem like they have a waitlist so this is why I'm asking. I'm pretty freaking bummed right now. I guess I shouldn't be since I did get accepted somewhere else, but I can't help but be devastated that my top choice is no longer an option. Any response will help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll take the time to explain my question. I just got a rejection letter from my top choice school. I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced the same, but then sometime later, but before the program starts, get a letter from the same school saying that they actually do have a spot for you? This school doesn't seem like they have a waitlist so this is why I'm asking. I'm pretty freaking bummed right now. I guess I shouldn't be since I did get accepted somewhere else, but I can't help but be devastated that my top choice is no longer an option. Any response will help. Thanks.

I applied last year and was rejected to one of the schools I applied to, but found out a month later that I got an interview for a waitlist spot. Don’t know how often this happens, but it happened to me last year.

It is highly unlikely to go from rejection to accepted. If they are a private school maybe they will roll over your application for next cycle. But don’t feel too bummed out because everything happens for a reason. At least you have an acceptance letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last year and was rejected to one of the schools I applied to, but found out a month later that I got an interview for a waitlist spot. Don’t know how often this happens, but it happened to me last year.
Thank you for your response! I appreciate it!

It is highly unlikely to go from rejection to accepted. If they are a private school maybe they will roll over your application for next cycle. But don’t feel too bummed out because everything happens for a reason. At least you have an acceptance letter.
Yeah, I figured that I probably have no reason to have hope that it'll go from rejection to accepted. I should be more grateful that I have an acceptance letter. I guess I'm just too stuck on how much I really liked the program I got rejected to, but I'll have to take some time to move on from that idea and focus on just working hard when I start the program with plan B school! Thanks!

Yeah, I figured that I probably have no reason to have hope that it'll go from rejection to accepted. I should be more grateful that I have an acceptance letter. I guess I'm just too stuck on how much I really liked the program I got rejected to, but I'll have to take some time to move on from that idea and focus on just working hard when I start the program with plan B school! Thanks!

I was the same way! I had two top programs and I got rejected from one of them and I felt super defeated. But I realized clearly I wasn’t met to attended there and I can honestly say I’m glad I got rejected because I got into my other top program! Look at it this way at the end of the day you just want to become a PT so you just need an acceptance to anywhere to achieve that dream. What school you go to doesn’t determine the type of PT you’re going to become.

Reactions: 1 user
I was the same way! I had two top programs and I got rejected from one of them and I felt super defeated. But I realized clearly I wasn’t met to attended there and I can honestly say I’m glad I got rejected because I got into my other top program! Look at it this way at the end of the day you just want to become a PT so you just need an acceptance to anywhere to achieve that dream. What school you go to doesn’t determine the type of PT you’re going to become.
Thank you for your input. I definitely have spent the past week or so after my rejection letter trying to remember that the end goal will be the same regardless of what school I go to. You're absolutely right. I was just very stuck with the idea of how much I loved the program at my top choice and the idea of experiencing a new state. But now I am just focused that I at least get to start PT school this year. It may not be my top choice but there are many benefits to the school I am going to nonetheless.