Has anyone received an acceptance from DMU's Portland interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliMD

CaliDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waiting anxiously!

Members don't see this ad.

CaliMD said:
Waiting anxiously!

apparantly decisions will not be out until friday at the earliest...possibly early next week. cheers.....and good luck.

I interviewed in Portland but have not heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT IN!!!!! WOOHOOO! DMU here I come! :)

exlawgrrl said:
me, three. now i need to visit.
Congratulations to you all! I sincerely hope you consider Des Moines, and for those who haven't visited, take some time to schedule a trip before you make a decision.

Again, congrats, and I hope to see you all next year!

I interviewed 10/29 in Portland and got in. I really liked the school, but I don't know if living in Iowa is for me. A quarter or half-scholarship may sway me however. :)

I really liked the vibe when I went for the interview. The faculty, students, and staff were really nice. The whole thing was pretty laid back.

I feel like DMU is really rich compared to other schools. Their overall presentation seemed to be on another level.

What do you think?

I felt the presentation was comparable to other schools. Are you sure the hotel and lunch aren't clouding your assessment? (good food) I will give credit and say the OMM demo has been the most informative of schools i've seen.

Congratz to all....I truly believe that DMU has both the style and substance to create a unique medical school experience. I have chosen DMU for the following reasons:
- The emphasis on student groups, social activities, and wellness speaks volumes to DMU’s dedication to a balance med school life…..Practice what you preach
- The facilities appear to create a positive environment for most any learning style.
- The faculty and administration should be applauded. Anyone can talk about fund raising for 1st class facilities and programs….they have produced. Having the former Governor of the state head the school can’t hurt these matters.
- I could probable think up a few more points to boost the egos of future DMU’ers, but I don’t want to fall off the couch by patting myself on the back for being chosen by DMU….I am thankful for the opportunity and look forward to making the best of my time in Des Moines.

okayplayer said:
I interviewed 10/29 in Portland and got in. I really liked the school, but I don't know if living in Iowa is for me. A quarter or half-scholarship may sway me however. :)

You're the person who posted something like this in another thread and hoped for the scholarship without having met the standards right? Were you told something in your interview that gave you this impression?
Thanks