Has anyone take the DAT using Mike's video and not Chad's for GC and OC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dorene

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the DAT using Mike's video and not Chad's for GC and OC? If so was it a positive experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken the DAT using Mike's video and not Chad's for GC and OC? If so was it a positive experience?

Mike's videos are pretty new, so I'm not sure if that many people, if at all have such experiences. However, I've taken a look at mike's videos personally and they look pretty good. I bet you'd have a good experience if you were to decide to use them.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been using both pretty heavily. I personally think that Mike's videos are a little more challenging, which obviously can be a good thing. I would pick one and stick to it, and then when you have completed them all go through the quizzes for the other. Any topics you are iffy about watch the video from the other person.

Reactions: 2 users
Mike's videos are pretty new, so I'm not sure if that many people, if at all have such experiences. However, I've taken a look at mike's videos personally and they look pretty good. I bet you'd have a good experience if you were to decide to use them.
Thanks for your feedback. I was wondering the same thing if the fact is that Mike's videos haven't really had enough time to to be proven a success or not. I am worried about using it as my only resource due to that knowledge. The difficulty im running into with Mike's videos is the fact that his teaching is a lot simpler than the quizzes and there are not many solution videos for his quizzes. In addition some of the information covered on the quiz is not found in the lectures so that was a concern as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been using both pretty heavily. I personally think that Mike's videos are a little more challenging, which obviously can be a good thing. I would pick one and stick to it, and then when you have completed them all go through the quizzes for the other. Any topics you are iffy about watch the video from the other person.
Good point and good idea, thanks!!!

I took the Dat last summer and only had access to chads. However, mike had video solutions for dat bootcamp and they were super helpful. So i think his videos must be just as good and geared solely on topics tested on the DAT. give it a shot! i think you will be all set with mikes

Reactions: 1 user
I havent taken my test yet, but I used Chad for GC an Mike for OC. Along with those I have done a lot of work in destroyer and BC practice exams. My practice scores for GC and OC have both been about the same throughout my studying (both slowly increasing).

You can watch either and you will be just fine if you add in destroyer after you finish watching the videos. I can't see how anyone could get less than 20 in either section by doing that and working hard at it.

Reactions: 1 user