Hate retail pharmacy. What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a clerk at a very stressful retail pharmacy and I now know I absolutely am not a people person. I can fake it on the outside, but inside I'm just so annoyed. In just two weeks, I've seen two different ordinarily nice pharmacists get into shouting matches with angry customers. I don't think I can deal with rude customers every day as a full-time career. I love the science of pharmacy, but I don't want to do research. So is there anything in the field of pharmacy where you have absolutely no or very little contact with angry customers?

Members don't see this ad.

try hospital pharmacy

try hospital pharmacy

it'll be different problems at hospital, such as dealing with cranky nurses, "I'm all that" doctors, and if you are unlucky, you might get stuck with "don't give a sh$$$" staff, or even worse you have to deal with the staffs that always complain and talk $$$ behind ur back...

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like any other job that involves people.

Nuclear pharmacy and mail order pharmacy offer limited customer interaction also.

I'm currently a clerk at a very stressful retail pharmacy and I now know I absolutely am not a people person. I can fake it on the outside, but inside I'm just so annoyed. In just two weeks, I've seen two different ordinarily nice pharmacists get into shouting matches with angry customers. I don't think I can deal with rude customers every day as a full-time career. I love the science of pharmacy, but I don't want to do research. So is there anything in the field of pharmacy where you have absolutely no or very little contact with angry customers?

i agree with you. today i had an oh ++++ moment realizing that hospital sounds quite complicated and retail may drive me to suicide.....so i am holding out for mail order. maybe it will be the solitary life i have always prayed for at my retail job :love: j/k but seriously, i can't take how rude people can be....

Hmm. I should look into hospital pharmacy.

it'll be different problems at hospital, such as dealing with cranky nurses, "I'm all that" doctors, and if you are unlucky, you might get stuck with "don't give a sh$$$" staff, or even worse you have to deal with the staffs that always complain and talk $$$ behind ur back...

are you always this positive?

As a pharmacist, i feel your pain. I am one of them pharmacists that will do anything to help someone, but then there are those people who just make you feel so bad and like a piece of ----!. All I can tell you is to toughen up, follow thru on your work, and do the best you can. If at the end of the day you have done the very best that you can, and they still aren't satisfied, then oh well. Do not take anything personally. Some of these people are sick, uneducated, or just unhappy people. Move on to the next person, and keep going.

Doctor M

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean USCrap?

Alright missy.. u asked for it.. :smuggrin:

apeterlgff7.jpg

2071569xe4.jpg

2071661bh3.jpg

2071701mn9.jpg

Hey guys, I'm a pre-pharm college student,

I am wondering if anybody here has gotten into USC pharmacy school with a sub 3.0 GPA. They say that the minimum overall GPA considered is 3.0. My pharmcas GPA is 2.97, which is lower than my transcript one. My science meets the 3.0 requirement. Am I automatically a reject due to my overall? I'm of course sticking with placing my best hopes in Western U but I'm wondering if I should even complete the USC supplementals right now... please reply.

Hey guys, I'm a pre-pharm college student,

I am wondering if anybody here has gotten into USC pharmacy school with a sub 3.0 GPA. They say that the minimum overall GPA considered is 3.0. My pharmcas GPA is 2.97, which is lower than my transcript one. My science meets the 3.0 requirement. Am I automatically a reject due to my overall? I'm of course sticking with placing my best hopes in Western U but I'm wondering if I should even complete the USC supplementals right now... please reply.

I posted a link in the pre pharm forum for you to look at.

Sorry to say that working directly with the customers not every one of them is going to be happy. I work as a pharmacist for a mail order pharmacy and I have to speak on the phone with people every day. The sad part is that some are just rude. You cannot stop people from being rude. It's going to happen in any field that works directly with the customer.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to say that working directly with the customers not every one of them is going to be happy. I work as a pharmacist for a mail order pharmacy and I have to speak on the phone with people every day. The sad part is that some are just rude. You cannot stop people from being rude. It's going to happen in any field that works directly with the customer.

yes, but at least you can make faces if they are on the phone.....:D

Reactions: 1 user
Systers of the Mary is much better than Middle TN State...

That game was so boring that me and my dad stopped watching about halftime......next game: Texass

That game was so boring that me and my dad stopped watching about halftime......next game: Texass

I hate the whorns... Hated them since 1985. But ZeroU is not beating tu this year....:mad:

I hate the whorns... Hated them since 1985. But ZeroU is not beating tu this year....:mad:

I don't know, Texass looked pretty crappy for the first 3 quarters yesterday...... but I know that the chances the OU will beat them are slim...

I don't know, Texass looked pretty crappy for the first 3 quarters yesterday...... but I know that the chances the OU will beat them are slim...

just like the chance of you beating me at golf....:smuggrin:

And what happened that made you hate them so much????

I grew up in New Orleans.. my dad wouldn't let me go to LSU...
So I went to A&M. From mid 80's to mid 90's...we owned the Whorns... my class never lost to texas. From late 90's till now, they own the Aggies...

But living in Dallas.. you learn that whorn fans are one of the most obnoxious group of people. After USC lost to tu in the rosebowl, my phone didn't stop ringing.. and my email box filled up. There was one guy who kept sending me emails for over a month over the RoseBowl.

I finally had to reply to him.. "One out of 6 against USC by texas isn't so bad.. and 6 more national championships, texas will finally catch USC..."

Then he shut up.

You're just afraid you're going to get beat by a woman.....and you should be.

I lost to a woman once in my life at some goofy tournament in Hot Springs Arkansas. She shot 77 and I shot 78... I didn't have a good day. :cool:

But it's aight. I would love for my wife and my daughter (she's 7) to beat me... that would make for a fun round of golf.

Are you saying that he should be afraid or he should be beaten? :confused:

He should be afraid that he is going to get beaten. Sorry, my grammar sucks today. I was up all night with my 2 year old who has a 104 fever.

Roger that. I'd rather get in a fight with the patient than the snobby Doctors. Those guys can be dinguses.

Doubt it. Saw you on TV. WVU would TROUNCE USC. Ya'lls run defense would get rocked. 350 yards rushing by the end of the 3rd quarter.

You can't judge USC by watching a Pac-10 game. Every game against USC is a SuperBowl for Pac-10 teams.

WVU is good. But you can't talk your smack until your team has won a few MNC..

You can't judge USC by watching a Pac-10 game. Every game against USC is a SuperBowl for Pac-10 teams.

WVU is good. But you can't talk your smack until your team has won a few MNC..

There's probably more top teams in the SEC than the Pac-10.

There's probably more top teams in the SEC than the Pac-10.

Doesn't matter. The last time USC played an SEC team, we creamed them.
SC beat up on Auburn home and home...then beat up on Arkansas home and home..

Wanna compare conferences... Stanford wins the Sears Director's Cup every year..and SEC can't touch Pac-10 academics.

Bush ain't totin' the rock no more and the newbies on offense are just "ok."

SC beat up on Auburn home and home...
An accomplishment.....that happened with a completely different team. Bush and Leinart are long gone. At least I can say WVU whipped Georgia last year with basically the same team as this year. Slaton, White, Schmitt, Reynaud, all still here....for years to come.

Then beat up on Arkansas home and home..

Not an accomplishment. Arkansas isn't that great.

Wanna compare conferences... Stanford wins the Sears Director's Cup every year..and SEC can't touch Pac-10 academics.

Dude...c'mon. The SEC blows the Pac-10 out of the water in football.

SEC, Big Ten >>>> Big 12 > Big East, Pac-10 >>>>>>>>>>>> ACC

^Take it as gospel.

It's okay, we have this discussion at every family get-together. My dad went to USC and my brother and I are both Gators.

UF has to play ranked teams every season (LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee). So, it's hard for SEC teams to stay at #1 because of all the interconference games. Our upcoming 3 game stretch is all against top-10 SEC teams. It will be tough. No other conferences have as many evenly matched teams.

Oh, we are also #1 in Basketball.

I was laughing my butt of when they said Arkansas was only a 9-point underdog this year. What?!?! Did anyone in Arkansas SEE the previous year's game? 70-17. Fifty-three point loss. Arkansas football sucks.

It's okay, we have this discussion at every family get-together. My dad went to USC and my brother and I are both Gators.

UF has to play ranked teams every season (LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee). So, it's hard for SEC teams to stay at #1 because of all the interconference games. Our upcoming 3 game stretch is all against top-10 SEC teams. It will be tough. No other conferences have as many evenly matched teams.

Oh, we are also #1 in Basketball.

I grew up with SEC football and thought it was the king. I went to a Big12 undergrad and thought Big12 rocked. I went to Pac-10 pharmacy school and it changed my perspectives.

Every conference is tough and every conference goes through a cycle of powerhouse programs. But one thing is for sure. SEC fan arrogance tops the list every year.

SEC is tough. But it's not the toughest conference every year. Tenessee sucked last year. LSU went through a dry spell in the 90's.

It's tough for any school in any conference to go undefeated not just SEC. Before the USC domination of Pac-10, it was extremely difficult to go undefeated. Same thing can be said for Big-10, or is it 11.

Florida will do well.. once Meyer gets his players in his system...with #2 recruiting class last year (behind USC), FL will be the team to beat in SEC in 2 to 3 years. USC has been fortunate and has been able to reload due to last 3 #1 recruiting classes.. but it looks like Texas will take that title this year.

I believe the rivalry of SEC is phenomenal...but don't ever believe SEC is the only conference who plays smashmouth football. The perception of Pac-10 football has always been "pansy arse" football. Give me a break.

I was laughing my butt of when they said Arkansas was only a 9-point underdog this year. What?!?! Did anyone in Arkansas SEE the previous year's game? 70-17. Fifty-three point loss. Arkansas football sucks.

I follow Arkansas football closely... and a fan of Randy Rainwater and the Drive Time Sports..:sleep:

Arkansas has a tremendous potential..but Nutt has to go. He can't recruit...and looks like Texas recruiting is waned. Before the season started, I swear, RR and RS made it sound like Mitch Mustain would win the Heisman after the first game...

Hope y'all get Butch Davis before Miami or Dallas Cowboys do.

WVU...take it from a man who's been a college football fan for over 30 years.

Good teams come and go. A couple of good seasons..as enjoyable as it is, doesn't last forever. Programs rise and fall. USC domination won't last forever. WVU certainly won't remain as a powerhouse program forever...once the coach is bought off by someone with a deeper pocket.

Do you remember the powerhouse program SMU in the 80's? Where are they now. Who'd thought Nebraska would have to go through rebuilding? Oklahoma 4 losses last year??? Vols.. 5-6 last year?? Texas used to suck hind titty in the 90's...

Enjoy the good times because it doesn't last forever. I'm just fortunate to witness my team win a few MNC... I'm lucky and thankful. Because I know it won't last forever...and could be another 20 years before USC wins another one..

What was the topic????? Oh hating retail pharmacy - right:laugh: !

I envy you your team favorites - really I do! I'm a '49er fan:oops: - do I even admit to that???? (yeah, yeah....you all know.....I never had a team in graduate school...)

Well...I hope it was a great football weekend for all (sorry...I didn't watch - especially today!!!:eek: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: