Have any Western alternates been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pitbull lover

CSU Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone heard if any of the Western alternates have gotten off of the waitlist yet? The april 15th deadline has passed and I wonder how long it takes for Western to contact the alternates. I'm still waiting with my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, maybe you can try calling them or emailing them. I was/still am on the wait list at Davis and they were able to tell me about where I was on the wait list the day after everyone had accepted/declined their acceptance at Davis.

GOOD LUCk and I hope to see you this coming school year in the fall ^_^

I'm in the same boat with Oklahoma. Argh! I want to call, but don't want to seem desparate and pushy. What should I do??

I've even changed my Avatar from a regular squirrel, to Super Squirrel. Hoping it's good karma ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying they sent out waitlist notifications yesterday (4/24), but I don't know if they send letters to everyone on the waitlist or just those accepted off of it. The email said they were only able to offer positions to just a few alternates. :(

The email also said they wouldn't not tell you over the phone or through email. So, I guess it's back to waiting for someone to mail me my life (I hope!) across the country. :eek: :scared:

Just got an email saying they sent out waitlist notifications yesterday (4/24), but I don't know if they send letters to everyone on the waitlist or just those accepted off of it. The email said they were only able to offer positions to just a few alternates. :(

The email also said they wouldn't not tell you over the phone or through email. So, I guess it's back to waiting for someone to mail me my life (I hope!) across the country. :eek: :scared:

I wonder how many alternates are "just a few" ????

I'm in the same boat with Oklahoma. Argh! I want to call, but don't want to seem desparate and pushy. What should I do??

I've even changed my Avatar from a regular squirrel, to Super Squirrel. Hoping it's good karma ;)

Aww GOOD LUCK to everyone!!! :-D I like your avatar Philo. I dressed my dog up as superman for halloween. We even taught him to fly :p

I'll put in a request for you to super-kujie so that everyone is able to go to the vet school of their choice. If they say no, he will make them take you guys because he will lick them till they ccave after all...his name is "Kujo" :laugh:

Oh yeah, maybe you can see if you got into Western or not by going to

mail.westernu.edu

sn first letter of your first name and your last name
i.e jane doe = jdoe
password would be the last 2 digits of the year you were born in and the last 4 digits of your social security number
1983 122-33-4567= 834567

I don't know if its going to work but its worth a try GOOD LUCK I'll be thinking good thoughts for you guys

Yeah, I tried it yesterday, but no luck...but i only went up to 15 after my name. I'm pretending like they haven't yet assigned email addresses to people they're accepting off of the waitlist... :bullcrap:

Hey, lets say my name is Harriet Smithe (don't ask, it just came out of the blue), but hsmithe is taken and so are hsmithe0-9, so, does the name become hsmithe10 or hsmith10 (dropped the end of the last name so that the address didn't go over 8 characters?)? I have a fairly common last name, and it's the same number of characters as Smithe, so that's why I'm not sure if I want to try crazy numbers afterwards whether it should still be the full last name or not? Oh, and did anyone have an user name or password the followed some other formula?

Yeah, so I'm not insane or anything ;), I just want to know really weird nitpicky details about a user name I probably don't even have (but here's hoping)... +pissed+ <--I'm actually not that pissed off (at least not about the email address), but I thought it was funny!

MMaybe you can try the your middle name? so henry j smithe=hjsmith

I'm still hoping you get in *fingers crossed* GOOOD LUCK!!

good luck imagine and frisky (i'm rooting for you!!) you, too, pit!

Sooo, I'm thinking of calling Western tomorrow just to check that I didn't get a letter but have it get lost in the mail.

Has anyone tried calling/email yet?

Thanks for the support guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

So, I called Western yesterday evenning. I talked to Marie Anderson becaues Karen Lopez is out on maternity leave. Basically, I called and said that I thought I was still on the wait-list but I just wanted to verify that my letter hadn't gotten lost or something, and then she said they haven't had any letters returned to them, and then she checked and said I was still on the alternate list. She also said something about how it was good to check these things, so I think it would be fine if anyone just wanted to call and make sure their letter wasn't lost.

Oh, if you do call, my advice would be to try to remember to say "alternate list" instead of "wait-list", just because that's what they really call it (I know we all know this, but we're (or at least I'm) just so used to calling it wait-list, I guess, that I forget sometimes). It wasn't like she corrected me or anything (except for when she said I was still on the "alternate list," but I don't know if she was just saying it or if she said it to remind me that's what it was called, but it wasn't a big deal); I just wished I used the "correct term", you know?

I didn't ask about how many people are still on the waiting list though; sorry, but I wasn't sure I wanted to push my luck.

I can't remember, do we officially know how many students they accepted and also how many they put on the waitlist?

Good luck to everyone!

at my interview i was told that 302 interviewed, and 170 were accepted. stats beyond that, i'm unaware of. i told danielle that she should call, as well, to be certain a letter hadn't been misplaced (i've lost several, but that's lafayette, in, mail for you--then again, the mailman had to mace two of my dogs once, so maybe it's karma).

i really hope things work out!!

Wow, that's crazy (about your dogs)!

yes, i have a very outsider-aggressive great pyr/collie mix that is offended by small white trucks (the ice cream man is equally harrassed), and the other two little guys like to follow their god-given leader. not sure if he tangled with one once or not. but he was putty in my arms when i shaved him down last night.:hungover:

then again, the mailman had to mace two of my dogs once, so maybe it's karma).

I have 3 jack russell "terriorists" and the mailman/UPS will not come near my house when my pack is out!