Western 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I’m a first year at WesternU, we received acceptances mid march last year (March 17th to be exact) so I’d expect a similar timeline. If you guys have any questions about curriculum or just in general, feel free to message me, I’ll try to sporadically check on here! Good luck to everyone!!!
How have you approached anatomy? I heard that there were some challenges with understanding what content was pertinent to understanding.
 
How have you approached anatomy? I heard that there were some challenges with understanding what content was pertinent to understanding.
They just started using ALET which is online modules we complete every week that kinda focuses our learning! The anatomists also give a short talk about the case for the week and highlight things to focus on but the anatomy dissections are very self guided. The anatomists do walk around and help/answer questions during lab time, and all are very receptive to any questions outside of lab time as well. The anatomy curriculum combined with PBL learning is definitely a learning curve but I think with everything combined it’s very much doable. YouTube will also become your best friend with PBL since we do not have as many lectures.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I’m a first year at WesternU, we received acceptances mid march last year (March 17th to be exact) so I’d expect a similar timeline. If you guys have any questions about curriculum or just in general, feel free to message me, I’ll try to sporadically check on here! Good luck to everyone!!!
Do you know if Western has a waitlist? I applied last year and got an interview but didn't hear back from the school until September, but it wasn't even a rejection, I just got an email that said they were no longer reviewing applications. I got an interview this year too but I'm stressed about being ghosted again.
 
Do you know if Western has a waitlist? I applied last year and got an interview but didn't hear back from the school until September, but it wasn't even a rejection, I just got an email that said they were no longer reviewing applications. I got an interview this year too but I'm stressed about being ghosted again.
Oh wow! They do have an alternates/wait-list. In the interview they mention that if you are on the alternates list you can be pulled from it all the way until the first 2 weeks of class starting. If you don't hear anything in March I would definitely follow up with them, as they said they will be releasing decisions in March.
 
I THINK there might be two, but I would have to check the old thread from last year. I think last year results came out March 17th and then April 17th. I'm wondering if the people who are hearing back now interviewed first, as I know some people were told they would hear back in February. I was told March.
I was thinking that as well. I interviewed in December and was told we would not receive an update until march
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in January and have not heard anything yet. I was told mid March.
I interviewed in December and was also told mid-March, which makes me think maybe they are breaking it into groups (hopefully). It's interesting too that they released it on the 17th, which is the date they did last year, just different months. So if that pattern continues and they are doing it in two waves, the next date is maybe-possibly (😬) March 17th (wishful thinking and fingers crossed at least!)
 
Looking at last year's thread again it actually looks like the March 17th decisions were the initial decisions and the April 17th decisions were moving people off the wait-list, maybe.... which is a little more terrifying. But, it looks like they released accepted and alternates on the same day that first day (March 17th), and I'm not sure if they released alternates yet this year yet??
 
Looking at last year's thread again it actually looks like the March 17th decisions were the initial decisions and the April 17th decisions were moving people off the wait-list, maybe.... which is a little more terrifying. But, it looks like they released accepted and alternates on the same day that first day (March 17th), and I'm not sure if they released alternates yet this year yet??
Me too ! i really want to know if someone is already on the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if they're still sending out II? IS here and i cant tell if im being ghosted
I haven't heard of any interview invites going out recently. Since they are rolling out acceptances now, I would think they are generally done interviewing, but I wouldn't fully count yourself out until you receive a rejection.
 
I just spoke to my admissions counselor. She stated that all acceptances have not been released and the final status of our application may not be determined until the end of March, early April. I hope that lessens everyone’s anxiety a little. I know I have been very anxious myself.
Thank you so much for this! Definitely lessened my anxiety a lil🥲
 
I just had a message like this posted in my drafts. Thanks so much. She would not confirm if they were accepting on a rolling basis, or if decisions have already been made with outcomes being released in waves.
I just spoke to my admissions counselor. She stated that all acceptances have not been released and the final status of our application may not be determined until the end of March, early April. I hope that lessens everyone’s anxiety a little. I know I have been very anxious myself.
 
I’m waitlisted at 6 schools and 1 acceptance to LMU Orange park decisions are due in a couple weeks. Western is my #1 and this anticipation is torture!! I’m so nervous I check my email every hour! Congratulations to those who have been accepted, I’m so proud of everyone. Good luck to everyone who is waiting! To kill some time as we wait, I would love to hear everyone’s experience applying so far or your goals moving forward!
 
I’m waitlisted at 6 schools and 1 acceptance to LMU Orange park decisions are due in a couple weeks. Western is my #1 and this anticipation is torture!! I’m so nervous I check my email every hour! Congratulations to those who have been accepted, I’m so proud of everyone. Good luck to everyone who is waiting! To kill some time as we wait, I would love to hear everyone’s experience applying so far or your goals moving forward!
Congrats on your acceptance and wait-lists elsewhere! This is my first application cycle and I am local to WesternU. It is the only school I can apply to, as I can't relocate (I am a non-trad applicant and am already established in So Cal with a non-profit organization, business, and family/too many animals to move with 🤣).
 
For those who have been accepted…are you putting your deposit down now or waiting until deadline? I have two more schools I’m waiting on but don’t want to lose my seat, so I’m nervous about waiting to put deposit down. I don’t want to lose my seat or 500 bucks. So just clearing it up that my seat would be reserved without deposit until April 15, correct ? I don’t have to reply all till then ?
 
For those who have been accepted…are you putting your deposit down now or waiting until deadline? I have two more schools I’m waiting on but don’t want to lose my seat, so I’m nervous about waiting to put deposit down. I don’t want to lose my seat or 500 bucks. So just clearing it up that my seat would be reserved without deposit until April 15, correct ? I don’t have to reply all till then ?
You don’t lose your seat! Take all the time you need.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad