Have AP Physics credit - should I take college physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YakovY

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a sophomore majoring in neuroscience at a CUNY school. I have AP credit in Chem, Bio, Calc, Phys (all 5). I've retaken gen chem and gen bio, and have taken multivariable calc and a statistics course.

I've also e-mailed and called a number of schools, and they've said that they'll take AP credits if my school did.

Do you think having AP rather than college credit for physics would be a hindrance to dental school applications?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I'm a sophomore majoring in neuroscience at a CUNY school. I have AP credit in Chem, Bio, Calc, Phys (all 5). I've retaken gen chem and gen bio, and have taken multivariable calc and a statistics course. I've also e-mailed and called a number of schools, and they've said that they'll take AP credits if my school did. Do you think having AP rather than college credit for physics would be a hindrance to dental school applications? Thanks!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527335

As long as all of the schools you're interested in will definitely accept AP credit in the place of college physics, I think you should be fine..

Members don't see this ad :)
AP credits might be a problem at some schools. I say grab an ADEA guide to know which schools accept them. It never hurts to know in advance.

I absolutely would take it in college, AP credits might be an unecessary disadvantage with a lot of school.