Have Fun & Procrastinate Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it Marsha Lynn-ehan or Line-ehan?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been flipping back and forth like a weirdo. Kind of borderliney ha ha

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the first one (Lynn-ehan). At least that's how it's been pronounced at every single DBT training I've attended, including one where she presented.

Reactions: 1 user
We haven't had a "tone" argument on the board in a while. I'm kind of getting some withdrawal...
Dare I say that some folks have responded to feedback and actually found ways to convey the same messages using an approach that is more likely to be well-received by the masses, which has led to less posts about tone, which has led to less posts about posts about tone, which has led to more people getting the important and truthful information they need? Now that would be something, wouldn't it!

Dare I say that some folks have responded to feedback and actually found ways to convey the same messages using an approach that is more likely to be well-received by the masses, which has led to less posts about tone, which has led to less posts about posts about tone, which has led to more people getting the important and truthful information they need? Now that would be something, wouldn't it!

We need to find a way to quantify this. Any experience writing data scraping programs for websites?

You're more optimistic than I am.

Hope springs eternal.

It's the first one (Lynn-ehan). At least that's how it's been pronounced at every single DBT training I've attended, including one where she presented.
I have found that the "name droppers" just refer to her as "Marsha."
Aha. I always did hear it pronounced that way and then someone did the opposite.
Marsha would be glad to know I was interested enough to find out on this board, I'm sure.

I don't like the way you said that, Wis.

EDIT: Your use of "tone" is offensive to me on mondays, wednesdays, and the second Friday of months that end in -ER. Please refrain from using such language on those days. Thank you.
LOL. Lovin it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aha. I always did hear it pronounced that way and then someone did the opposite.
Marsha would be glad to know I was interested enough to find out on this board, I'm sure.
I think that Dr. Linehan rocks it at least thrice on Wednesdays.

Have been browsing the psychiatry forum and I’m questioning how some people have made it through life, never mind med school and residency, without earning a Darwin Award. Yeeesh.

I'm resurrecting this thread as I am going stir crazy working from home for this long. Anyone else?

I dislike when threads get deleted where helpful discussions are happening that could be useful to others in the future. :uhno: Guess I should go do something productive today.

The Counselor educator to psychologist thread. I’m assuming the OP deleted it or ask it be deleted. Though I suspect s/he will be back in another 2 years, asking similar questions again.

And the past Argosy threads, but that was awhile ago.

With regards to thread deletion, we let OPs delete their threads if they aren't part of a larger discussion (as the Argosy thread was, which is why that one was restored). In this case, it was very specific to the OP's unique situation and potentially identifying, so deletion was allowed. If anyone wants to start a thread about counseling as a field/professional identity, please go for it!

@MAClinician , @MamaPhD

Reactions: 1 users
I do understand that it was a specific, unique situation (and also potentially identifying). But I thought the questions being asked of OP about why OP wanted to pursue the degree were informative for not just OP but also others who might be deciding between the different degrees. And some of the information posted about which degree is doing which type of work in different settings. I suppose in the end this information gets repeated in other threads so it’s no big deal (even if some of that info is found in many sources on the internet :laugh:). Just a little annoyance. At least I continued my procrastination and got nothing productive done today :laugh:

I do understand that it was a specific, unique situation (and also potentially identifying). But I thought the questions being asked of OP about why OP wanted to pursue the degree were informative for not just OP but also others who might be deciding between the different degrees. And some of the information posted about which degree is doing which type of work in different settings. I suppose in the end this information gets repeated in other threads so it’s no big deal (even if some of that info is found in many sources on the internet :laugh:). Just a little annoyance. At least I continued my procrastination and got nothing productive done today :laugh:
FYI, I started a general thread on this topic here--feel free to procrastinate there if you'd like :) : Psychology professional identity and relation to master's-level fields

It's a shame that the counselor ed to psychologist thread was self deleted because I was eagerly googling to find the thread again as I am discerning once again whether to go the clinical psych route after being a mid level practitioner for some time.

It's a shame that the counselor ed to psychologist thread was self deleted because I was eagerly googling to find the thread again as I am discerning once again whether to go the clinical psych route after being a mid level practitioner for some time.
Please feel free to start your own thread on that! It's an interesting topic and needed discussion.

Reactions: 1 users