Have I been rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this is pissing me off. UVM notifies you if you've received an interview by e-mail, and posts your status online. Last night I looked, and got the "a decision has been rendered, you will hear from us in a few days" crap, and all I can think is that if the news had been good they would have posted it online. This is driving me nuts, and I know I'm reading too much into this, but has anyone else seen this a decision has been rendered message and gotten an acceptance letter? Or should this message just say, you've been waitlisted or rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to Ms. Campbell the other day and she said that a invitations are by e-mail and you should get a change in status message but rejections are via snail mail, but you don't get a change in status message. This all left me bamboozled but hopefully you can make something of it.

Well, ALLRIGHT then! No status change here! I'll be eagerly awaiting that rejection letter so I can throw it in the fireplace to help warm my house. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ShyRem said:
Well, ALLRIGHT then! No status change here! I'll be eagerly awaiting that rejection letter so I can throw it in the fireplace to help warm my house. :)
I felt that way when I read the above too (mine still says 'under review'), but hopefully they just haven't got to us yet and we'll still get interviews... :luck:

Hey Silas,

I just checked and got the same message. I think they may send acceptances via mail also, right? So we really should not jump to conclusions. Maybe someone who got accepted to UVM can post how they found out?

Good luck!

Good luck to everyone. It's too bad they send decisions via mail instaed of e-mail, but we've waited so long, waiting another few days shouldn't make too much of a difference.