have offers, but waiting for first choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quadruplepanda

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been offered admission to a university, one of my top choices, but am still waiting for a decision from my first choice, UCSF. The deadline to accept the offer, and intimate my intent to enroll, is approaching. However, UCSF has promised to give a decision no later than April 1st. That means I may not hear from them until after the deadline to accept the offer of admission from the first school.

If I am not accepted to UCSF I will almost certainly accept the other offer.

Furthermore, I have been offered an interview at another University, so I wouldn't hear from them until much later, perhaps even after the deadline to accept an offer from UCSF. Although that wouldn't matter, given that UCSF is my first choice.

What do students typically do in situations like this?

thanks for reading!
 
Yes. Damn you U of Arizona. We were supposed to find out this week about acceptance but supposedly they pushed it back. Im proceeding as if im going to my second choice.
 
Wait it out till a day or two before the deadline and pay the deposit.

If other university greater than your current acceptance, attend interview. If not, decline interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed with everyone else, this isn't a dilemma. Pay the deposit for your #2 school, and if you're accepted to UCSF, decline your seat at the school you deposited at.