Have yet to hear back from any school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am i the only one on this boat? I applied in mid july and still have yet to receive any rejections nor any interviews since.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat.. I'd probably feel better about a rejection than to be left floating in the dust. I finished my apps any time between end of june to mid july (~6/28 to ~7/15) My stats/story is in my post history if anyone's curious.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope.
However, don't rely on hopes only.
Yes, you might get lucky and get an interview or two, later on; still, that won't guarantee an acceptance.
I think you know what you have to do: Retake the DAT while you are waiting.
Your Gpa is not High and your Dat is not high.
Just retake it, no harm in that.

And yeah I know the DAT is really annoying, personally I studied too many months for this crappy test, but it is what it is.
But if you are a minority and have applied to Howard and Meharry, you might have a high chance of getting accepted somewhere.

I'm still waiting and haven't heard anything from the 15 schools I applied to yet either other than one or two "were still reviewing your application..." emails. I applied mid-August for 10 of my schools, and added another 5 mid-September.
I have a 3.48oGPA and 3.19sGPA, 20AA DAT (19 science=18 orgo, 18 gen chem, 22bio/23 pat/23 reading/21 qr).
.........Feeling discouraged even though I applied a bit later

I applied to eight schools. I didn't meet some requirement or other (usually calc or microbio) for a lot of schools and these were the only ones which were within my budget/anywhere near my area. Have heard from none besides continuing review at Buffalo. I got my first application out right after AADSAS opened but got my committee letter in around mid-late July. I felt confident at first and I followed the interview thread here for some time but for a while now, I haven't been optimistic at all.

first AADSAS submission date: 06/06/18
Application complete date: 07/??/18
GPA (from the AADSAS app: bachelors, postbac, science, overall): 3.59, 3.31, 3.30 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/19/23/none

I did literally all of my science coursework during post-bac (took my last planned post-bac courses* last spring) and basically bombed gen chem during my first semester. (was lucky to get away with a D) I re-took it for a B+ and haven't had a grade lower than B since then but it destroyed my post-bac and science GPAs.

Last edited:
Am i the only one on this boat? I applied in mid july and still have yet to receive any rejections nor any interviews since.

Where exactly did you apply? With your gpa to be competitive you would need around a 20+.

I applied to eight schools. I didn't meet some requirement or other (usually calc or microbio) for a lot of schools and these were the only ones which were within my budget/anywhere near my area. Have heard from none besides continuing review at Buffalo. I got my first application out right after AADSAS opened but got my committee letter in around mid-late July. I felt confident at first and I followed the interview thread here for some time but for a while now, I haven't been optimistic at all.

first AADSAS submission date: 06/06/18
Application complete date: 07/??/18
GPA (from the AADSAS app: bachelors, postbac, science, overall): 3.59, 3.31, 3.30 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/19/23/none

I did literally all of my science coursework during post-bac (took my last planned post-bac course last spring) and basically bombed gen chem during my first semester. (was lucky to get away with a D) I re-took it for a B+ and haven't had a grade lower than B since then but it destroyed my post-bac and science GPAs.

Are you traditional or non traditional? As in did you do a post bac right after finishing undergraduate or a couple years later?

Where exactly did you apply? With your gpa to be competitive you would need around a 20+.

Are you traditional or non traditional? As in did you do a post bac right after finishing undergraduate or a couple years later?

Non-Traditional. I worked for a year before returning to do science classes while still working. (part-time)

Applied to:
Rutgers
Buffalo
Tufts
Pittsburgh
NYU
Touro
Temple
UConn

Last edited:
Everybody says you need to retake the DAT. I would say prepare for a retake in May, in case this cycle doesn't work out. Your stats are definitely not stellar, but may not necessarily go as far as to send your application to the discard pile without further review, depending on the breakdown. Can you tell us your DAT breakdown? Were there any sections below 17?

Don't lose hope.
However, don't rely on hopes only.
Yes, you might get lucky and get an interview or two, later on; still, that won't guarantee an acceptance.
I think you know what you have to do: Retake the DAT while you are waiting.
Your Gpa is not High and your Dat is not high.
Just retake it, no harm in that.

And yeah I know the DAT is really annoying, personally I studied too many months for this crappy test, but it is what it is.
But if you are a minority and have applied to Howard and Meharry, you might have a high chance of getting accepted somewhere.

You're back! I thought you were long gone

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also in the same boat, but I received 4 rejections and I applied to 21 schools total.

But your stats are awesome! Is it your Gpa or any red flags!.
Sadly, my GPA is definitely on the low side... my undergrad GPA was ~2.9 but my post-bac GPA is a 3.97, so my overall after finishing post-bac was a 3.05
I still have 2 physics classes left to take so by the time I'm done with those (with A's), my overall should be a 3.1 with a 3.0 sGPA

If you don't mind my asking, what schools have you received rejections from?
MWU-AZ (didn't meet minimum 3.0 sGPA req even though I was still taking summer classes), UCSF, ASDOH, and UPitt

Sadly, my GPA is definitely on the low side... my undergrad GPA was ~2.9 but my post-bac GPA is a 3.97, so my overall after finishing post-bac was a 3.05
I still have 2 physics classes left to take so by the time I'm done with those (with A's), my overall should be a 3.1 with a 3.0 sGPA

MWU-AZ (didn't meet minimum 3.0 sGPA req even though I was still taking summer classes), UCSF, ASDOH, and UPitt

Wow. 3.97 Gpa post-grad is awesome. I really hope you get in this year

/
Wow, your post-bac GPA is really incredible. Hopefully, schools will see the upwards trend and note the improvement. How are your EC's/Shadowing, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm still waiting and haven't heard anything from the 15 schools I applied to yet either other than one or two "were still reviewing your application..." emails. I applied mid-August for 10 of my schools, and added another 5 mid-September.
I have a 3.48oGPA and 3.19sGPA, 20AA DAT (19 science=18 orgo, 18 gen chem, 22bio/23 pat/23 reading/21 qr).
.........Feeling discouraged even though I applied a bit later
I have nearly the exact same stats but fully complete application around aug 15th.
absolutely 0 word from any schools.. starting to consider next year options

I have nearly the exact same stats but fully complete application around aug 15th.
absolutely 0 word from any schools.. starting to consider next year options
Don't feel completely discouraged though. Theres still post-dec interviews! I'm holding onto the hope knowing a friend currently D2 at temple who got in with same sgpa and ogpa as me, but got a 19AA dat.

Don't feel completely discouraged though. Theres still post-dec interviews! I'm holding onto the hope knowing a friend currently D2 at temple who got in with same sgpa and ogpa as me, but got a 19AA dat.
Oh...for sure do not give up!! I'm seeing more first interview invites go out (just this past week) with more average stats (like your's and mine). I think there will be many more after December too. Good luck and stay positive :happy:

/
Wow, your post-bac GPA is really incredible. Hopefully, schools will see the upwards trend and note the improvement. How are your EC's/Shadowing, if you don't mind my asking?.

Thanks so much! I've actually gotten 2 interviews to Roseman and NYU since I posted on this thread, so I'm definitely happy they've noticed my academic improvement. I have ~250 hrs of volunteering, ~200 hrs shadowing (various general dentists, community clinic, and oral surgeon), and a wide variety of long-term dental and non-dental EC's. I also started working as a dental assistant this summer

Reactions: 1 users
I still havent heard a single thing... not a rejection nor any interviews which makes me nervous because I know my stats are below average... im pretty sure the only thing saving me is my extracurriculars... Its just slowly killing me because i applied in july... I have an 18AA, 3.25 oGPA, a 3.00sGPA, and really good extracurriculars/leadership... i applied to like 18 schools and just nothing i called them all and im still just "under consideration" which i guess is better than rejections..?

I still havent heard a single thing... not a rejection nor any interviews which makes me nervous because I know my stats are below average... im pretty sure the only thing saving me is my extracurriculars... Its just slowly killing me because i applied in july... I have an 18AA, 3.25 oGPA, a 3.00sGPA, and really good extracurriculars/leadership... i applied to like 18 schools and just nothing i called them all and im still just "under consideration" which i guess is better than rejections..?
You bet it is!! Rejections suck :(

I'd say hang in there as there's still a lot more time (even time for some pre-December invites....but lots of invites will be going out after December 3rd).

Where have you applied?

Reactions: 2 users

Extracurriculars matters once there are no red flags in metrics. Are you first-time applicant? Do you have DAT sections below 17? If I was you I would considered retaking DAT before May 2019 and giving three month of full-time DAT prep. Good luck!

Can you list the schools that you have applied to?

There are schools who have sent out some rejections and some who haven't....so that would be helpful to know!

But if they tell you that you're still "under consideration", that's a positive thing and you may get some interviews (especially after December).

From your stats, I think the problem may be that you have an 18 on your DAT along with a lower than average GPA (especially your science GPA is probably hurting you). I've read that if you have an 18 DAT score, you need at least a 3.6 or 3.7 GPA....but that doesn't mean that exceptions aren't made!

Maybe either consider retaking the DAT or spending a year on a Masters where you can raise your GPA?

Please keep us posted and good luck to you!!!