Have you certified your ROL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you all are as neurotic as I am with the ROL. :rolleyes:

My top 3 is pretty much set. But everything below that is pretty much still fluid. And I know people say you shouldn't be swayed by "love letters" from programs... but hey, I'm human. I totally am. Especially when it's in between two programs that are both in the middle of the stack.

So... have you certified your ROL? Still changing the order list or pretty much set?

I can't wait until Match Day!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you all are as neurotic as I am with the ROL. :rolleyes:

My top 3 is pretty much set. But everything below that is pretty much still fluid. And I know people say you shouldn't be swayed by "love letters" from programs... but hey, I'm human. I totally am. Especially when it's in between two programs that are both in the middle of the stack.

So... have you certified your ROL? Still changing the order list or pretty much set?

I can't wait until Match Day!

So I just learned this yesterday, but you can still change your ROL after certifying it (you just need to re-certify after any changes). Therefore, yes I've certified, and yes I'm still changing my list. :)

Yes. And if I change it, I will certify it again. I don't see why you don't certify it.

Anybody else worry they put in the wrong code or wrong track for their number one or two, lol. This neuroticism is driving me nuts. More serious question: does anyone else know what "status" means next to each program on your ROL?

Anybody else worry they put in the wrong code or wrong track for their number one or two, lol. This neuroticism is driving me nuts. More serious question: does anyone else know what "status" means next to each program on your ROL?

I thought i was the only one. i've checked all the codes 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm IM so the codes for primary care and categorical are pretty similar for each program.

Yep, certified and forgotten. Codes are hanging on my bulletin board just in case I want to check, but I know they are right.

Same here. I've been googling the codes to make sure it leads me back to the correct residency website haha

I'm confused as to why everyone is having a difficult time with the program codes. Are you not just searching for the program through the NRMPs search engine (filtering by specialty and state if necessary) and then just copying and pasting the code into your rank list?

I'm confused as to why everyone is having a difficult time with the program codes. Are you not just searching for the program through the NRMPs search engine (filtering by specialty and state if necessary) and then just copying and pasting the code into your rank list?

I think you forgot about the part where neuroticism is irrational worry. :)

I certified a couple weeks ago. 1-3 are set but 4 and 5 have been battling. I also think about 8 and 9. I haven't been on since I certified, but I'll probably go back in this week.

I certified a couple weeks ago. 1-3 are set but 4 and 5 have been battling. I also think about 8 and 9. I haven't been on since I certified, but I'll probably go back in this week.

although my number 1 is clear, my 2-5 have been certified and re certified 3 times now....i've also deleted 4 programs from my list as it gets closer to the final countdown.

There's no copying and pasting involved at any point. You just click on the link and hey presto!

although my number 1 is clear, my 2-5 have been certified and re certified 3 times now....i've also deleted 4 programs from my list as it gets closer to the final countdown.

I'm too chicken to delete programs. I ranked all the ones i interviewed at

I was talking to a friend of mine last week, and she was like "Yeah, I certified my list right away because what if I get hit by a bus tomorrow and can't access the internet for a few weeks? At least I'll still match." I went home and certified immediately...

I was talking to a friend of mine last week, and she was like "Yeah, I certified my list right away because what if I get hit by a bus tomorrow and can't access the internet for a few weeks? At least I'll still match." I went home and certified immediately...

That was my theory, too! I certified an acceptable list early on, and then moved some stuff around. I never logged out without re-certifying just in case of some catastrophe. I think I am finally done this time, though.

This is exactly why I immediately certified a list.

This is exactly why I immediately certified a list.

I certified it a while back. But then I keep changing/putzing around with the list... like switching my 6th & 7th ranks back & forth. :rolleyes:

So I've re-certified it a zillion times. And I'm kind of paranoid that one of these times I'll forget to re-certify it. What's scary is that outside of my top 2 choices, I've managed to change everything else around. My number 6 a couple days back has now moved to number 3.

I certified it a while back. But then I keep changing/putzing around with the list... like switching my 6th & 7th ranks back & forth. :rolleyes:

So I've re-certified it a zillion times. And I'm kind of paranoid that one of these times I'll forget to re-certify it. What's scary is that outside of my top 2 choices, I've managed to change everything else around. My number 6 a couple days back has now moved to number 3.

I think every one of my programs has occupied every position on my rank list at one time or another.

I doubt she'd be concerned about matching if she got hit by a bus as she'd probably be dead

I deleted a few off the list last week too, down to 6 programs that I know I would be happy with! Good luck to everyone!

Lol ! Yeah hey you never know....I think I looked up stats on this a couple weeks ago and every year there are a few people (I think <0.001%) who enter a ROL and forget to certify it so they don't match!

I am so paranoid about this that every time i look at my list I re-certify it.

Lol ! Yeah hey you never know....I think I looked up stats on this a couple weeks ago and every year there are a few people (I think <0.001%) who enter a ROL and forget to certify it so they don't match!

I am so paranoid about this that every time i look at my list I re-certify it.

So you literally change it, then change it back and re-certify it? Asking for a mistake!

definitely having nightmares about "assuming" its certified but for some reason I forgot to do some "hidden" step that I don't know about...Kind of wish there was a way they could contact school and notify who is/isn't certified.

definitely having nightmares about "assuming" its certified but for some reason I forgot to do some "hidden" step that I don't know about...Kind of wish there was a way they could contact school and notify who is/isn't certified.

Your school administration knows whether or not your list is certified. Don't worry, they will let you know if it's not.

I deleted a few off the list last week too, down to 6 programs that I know I would be happy with! Good luck to everyone!

Jeez... I mean, there are a couple of places I'd rather not wind up at, but I'd still be way happier with them than wherever I would have to scramble into.

To each their own I guess :shrug:

Well boys and girls, it's the last day! We'll see what happens!

Done! Not looking back anymore :cool:

Hopefully everyone here comes out with awesome results! :luck:

Done! Not looking back anymore :cool:

Hopefully everyone here comes out with awesome results! :luck:

I had the distinct urge to change up my list at 2 minutes before deadline. Luckily I curbed the urge... would have SUCKED big time to not re-certify in time. ;)

It's done!! Good luck to all.

This thread's title should now change to "Did you remember to certify your ROL?"