Have you scored over a 90 on the NEW FORMAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thFairy15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just confirming if it is true that less people are scoring over a ninety. If so, please list your score here.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys...congrats...gr8 score...wat all did u guys read?u cn guide us guys

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told at Tufts that the faculty was going to get together and consider a score of 88 to be the new 90. This is because people are getting lower scores in the new format. Have there been discussions of this at other schools?:confused:

great scores omfs and taco! congrats! How did u make it happen! please share your views and experiences on this so that people like me with low scores can get benefitted. Thank you.

I used what i think to be a pretty unorthodox way to study for the test. i used a lot of USMLE specific study aids for biochem (Lippcott's), path, anatomy, and histo. I used the text "Dental Anatomy-Its relevance to Dentistry, 6th addition" for all my dental anatomy studying (it was awesome by the way). I did not use the decks or the kaplan series at all (I really have nothing against these sources, but figured if i studied like everybody else, i would score like every body else.) If you have any specific questions for me please pm me and i can see if i can help/ clarify anything for you.

Hey blank guy... I heard that from my school's ortho program that they would consider scores of 90 even 89 with the new format.

hi..
do jot down your scores in the new pattern of nbde 1...what is the average score these days..so that we can know roughly, the cut off in many dental schools..for FTD's.
take care..

congrats to all of you for scoring above 90.
it will be great if you can guide us with your exam experience , so that we can also sail through 90 mark.
can you plz explain about the testlet portion,
there are rumors that it is v.v. tough and the topics are also weird.
if you can tell us about the topics that need special attention , it will be of gr8 help to others

thanks

hi
i scored 91 %
i m happy!!!

great score...which school have you been accepted and where are you going to go???
any one else..who has given the testand will apply to this year's cycle?
i am one of them..
do respond..
thanx..

great score...which school have you been accepted and where are you going to go???
any one else..who has given the testand will apply to this year's cycle?
i am one of them..
do respond..
thanx..

doc smiley. how much is your score?
and what did you study. and what topics you recommend others to study

Members don't see this ad :)
hi docsmiley
i know u are applying to UIC ..me too :)
hope we can meet there ;)
i got a 90
how about people that u know applying to UIC ,what are their average score ??
and what's ur plan for part 2???

congrats on gud score .... will be giving the exam next week..:scared: any last min advise..when did u take ur exam..how different is this new pattern exam from old one...i mean how tough the ques r...and of wat type...imean how r they different from old que bank...plz do tell me wat to read in this last week...plz do reply..me vy vy :confused:vy:scared::scared::scared:

I Got A92.
congrats...gud scr..i wil be taking exam nxt week..any last min advise...how diff &tough this new pattern ques r...wat should i do in this last week plz help...iam really:scared::scared::scared::scared:wat is the difference the type of ques we see in old QB and this new pattern..plz do reply....thks

hi docsmiley
i know u are applying to UIC ..me too :)
hope we can meet there ;)
i got a 90
how about people that u know applying to UIC ,what are their average score ??
and what's ur plan for part 2???
hi....congrats...gud scr..i wil be taking exam nxt week..any last min advise...how diff &tough this new pattern ques r...wat should i do in this last week plz help...iam really:scared::scared::scared::scared:wat is the difference the type of ques we see in old QB and this new pattern

hi....congrats...gud scr..i wil be taking exam nxt week..any last min advise...how diff &tough this new pattern ques r...wat should i do in this last week plz help...iam really:scared::scared::scared::scared:wat is the difference the type of ques we see in old QB and this new pattern
hi drkooks,
fantastic score...congrats...
check all the old posts about uic acepted students....the average score is 87 in the past 2 years...but some students wit 91 too have been rejected..god knows why...after the interview..where as some students with scores of 86 and 84 hae also ben accepted..ive heard 81 and 82 scores are also taken in..its weird...
i really do not know their criteria...for selection..hope..this year, the average score goes down a bit..bcoz of the scoring pattern...
which other schools are you going to apply to?some cali schools have also begun accepting applications...so, i vl apply there also..and later to other east coast schools...
what about you?do you live in chicago?
i have not yet begun reading for part 2...

doc smiley. how much is your score?
and what did you study. and what topics you recommend others to study
hi impaction..i hav an 87....
not very great ..but im scared of repeating the test...maybe the 2nd attempt may not yield as much....

I used what i think to be a pretty unorthodox way to study for the test. i used a lot of USMLE specific study aids for biochem (Lippcott's), path, anatomy, and histo. I used the text "Dental Anatomy-Its relevance to Dentistry, 6th addition" for all my dental anatomy studying (it was awesome by the way). I did not use the decks or the kaplan series at all (I really have nothing against these sources, but figured if i studied like everybody else, i would score like every body else.) If you have any specific questions for me please pm me and i can see if i can help/ clarify anything for you.
Congrats ,
I would be very greatful to you if u can advice me on how to score so high . I read nbde part1 from kaplan , I tried mastering it . But I ended up in getting 77 newformat . I wish to apply for MS programe . Thedeadlines are by september . I am toatlly confused whether to repeat part1 first or do part2 and then comeback to part1 ? also pls advice me on how to study . Iam sure my method of studying is wrong . I look forward for ur advice.
thanks
sowmya