Heads up on Mount Sinai Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to pass on info to any of you interested in Mount Sinai, although their usual date for first acceptances is November 15th, they have completely thrown that out the window at this point because of all the AMCAS crap and they fact that their interview schedule was delayed.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to be a nudge about this, but how long after your application was complete did they invite you for an interview?

Did you call their admissions office and ask them?
I was about to do that but if you already did it then no problem. Did they say when they were going to be meeting for the first time?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, Ill answer both your questions here....

1.) My app was complete the first week of September, I interviewed on Halloween, was offered the interview the 12th of October(although my initial interview date was set for December 18th, I rescheduled). However, a friend of mine had her stuff in the same time, and just got her interview invite. I think it really varies, when I was there I killed some time hanging out with one of the admissions secretaries and you should have seen the pile of application stuff they still had to wade through.

2.) Yes, I did speak to the admission people, I believe that the admissions committee has met, but they have "made no decisions at this point."

Hope that helps!

i am finding that a lot of people end up choosing between NYU and Sinai. would anyone like to comment on the pros and cons of each school and how they compare to each other. after visiting the two, which would you guys pick if given the choice?

i would LOVE to get some responses to choker's question, above.

I'm interested in Sinai vs. NYU (maybe throw in Einstein too :) )...

What differentiates these schools, besides USNEWS rankings?

I am going to be interviewing at all three of them soon and I'm going in thinking Sinai is more my style...but I can't really say I guess until I interview there...Of course, I would rather go to Columbia or Cornell as far as NYC schools go... ;)

i've started a new thread for this.

There was a good one on this way back last year in the forums...do a quick search...I looked through it extensively a few months ago. Check it out!
It's very informative...sorry, I don't have time right now to get the link for you...

I'm interested in Sinai vs. NYU (maybe throw in Einstein too )... ••

How about: Bronx vs. Manhattan
(downtown or Yorkville)!

Enough Said! :)

I know that Einstein is a good school and all, but there's no way I could spend 4 years in the Bronx. . .