Health Professional Loan Repayment Program Army for Army Podiatrist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifepod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Army is offering HPLRP(loan repayment) up to $120K ($40k/yr) for three year military commitment, and contract maybe extended after three years service.

This is limited time offer to join as a Military Podiatrist, and please contact your nearest AMMED recruiters to discuss the application process.

Applicants need to be Board certified by ABFAS or recent fellowship graduates from trauma/sports fellowship program.

Please seek out your nearest AMEDD (medical) recruiters for the Army or have your recruiter reach out to USAREC - MSC program manager.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The Army is offering HPLRP(loan repayment) up to $120K ($40k/yr) for three year military commitment, and contract maybe extended after three years service.

This is limited time offer to join as a Military Podiatrist, and please contact your nearest AMMED recruiters to discuss the application process.

Applicants need to be Board certified by ABFAS or recent fellowship graduates from trauma/sports fellowship program.

Please seek out your nearest AMEDD (medical) recruiters for the Army or have your recruiter reach out to USAREC - MSC program manager.

Thank you.

Why would I want to join the army when they can’t even offer to pay off all of my loans? 120k? That’s it?

This is a disrespectful offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Why would I want to join the army when they can’t even offer to pay off all of my loans? 120k? That’s it?

This is a disrespectful offer.
For real, that's insane...100K a year would be more like it. Did they not even check what tuition is?

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of dremel supplies does the army provide?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
What kind of dremel supplies does the army provide?

Clearly fellowship training is needed in handling the sports version of the military grade dremel.

Very nice of the army to cover the accumulation of interest for a year.

Personally I’m not really wanting to cut calluses in Kyiv

Excuse me, I meant debride.

This program doesn't offer the same financial benefit of the HPSP. With HPSP, they pay tuition while you are in school, plus cost of living. With the HPLRP, you are paying back loans plus accumulated interest. However, it is probably a great way to get experience and surgical numbers, and avoid dealing with commercial insurance. Not sure if HPSP is available currently, but it's a no brainer if you can get it.

Very nice of the army to cover the accumulation of interest for a year.

Personally I’m not really wanting to cut calluses in Kyiv

Excuse me, I meant debride.
No US troops in Ukraine, stationed in Poland. Try the kielbasa.

This program doesn't offer the same financial benefit of the HPSP. With HPSP, they pay tuition while you are in school, plus cost of living. With the HPLRP, you are paying back loans plus accumulated interest. However, it is probably a great way to get experience and surgical numbers, and avoid dealing with commercial insurance. Not sure if HPSP is available currently, but it's a no brainer if you can get it.

Both HPSP and HSCP are no-brainers for any branch. This situation would be good for a graduating resident who wants to get experience as well as military benefits as well. With the extra pay you'd be making about the same as you would in a standard associate job. It sounds like you are getting commissioned as opposed to just being a military contractor.

I highly doubt the BC is a mandatory for this. Maybe BC in ABPM.

None of these podiatrists are going to Kyiv, Poland or anywhere remotely like that.

Last edited:

Was this a specific ad you can direct us to?

The US Army recognizes ABPM for all loan programs and specialty bonuses.

IMG_3037.jpg