Heart Electrophysiology

Started by boanssi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

boanssi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good morning,

I'm looking for a textbook that explains heart electrophysiology from the ground up. The teachers at my school did a poor job of teaching this subject and, as a result, when I look at an EKG I feel like I have to memorize every pattern.

I really want to understand it so that I won't feel horrified every time I check an EKG.


Thanks in advance.
 
I've been reading--god this title sucks--'Ion Adventure into Heartland' by Dale Dubin. The book has good information, I just don't know why Dubin made is so creepy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the response. You're right: the title sounds like a bad porno (oh, the irony).

I would appreciate more suggestions.
 
For the love of God, don't read Dubin's. It is for nurses.

Start with Hurst's The Heart. First few chapters on functional anatomy, physiology, then the surface electrocardiography section, and chapters on arrhythmia mechanisms and approach. Reading the specific arrhythmia chapters would be over-doing it. But you should then be ready to read Chou's Electrocardiography, which is surprisingly readable and a lot of it is taken up by pics of tracings. These are the authoritative texts cards fellows read not nurse practitioners.