hello everyone i need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maverick88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently passed the chspe in california it is a certificate that is equivalent to a diploma and it is given to teens under 18 who want to finish highschool early.My question is how can I go about setting a path to become a dentist? Since I took this test I don't think I can go straight to a 4 year university so what are other options? do i have to go to junior college for 2 years then transer to a university? or can i take two years of pre requisites courses at a junior college and then apply to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

maverick88 said:
I have recently passed the chspe in california it is a certificate that is equivalent to a diploma and it is given to teens under 18 who want to finish highschool early.My question is how can I go about setting a path to become a dentist? Since I took this test I don't think I can go straight to a 4 year university so what are other options? do i have to go to junior college for 2 years then transer to a university? or can i take two years of pre requisites courses at a junior college and then apply to dental school?

hi there,
since nobody is replying to your post, i'm going to say something for you. It looks like you have a great motivation to be a dentist, so keep that up. If you cannot go to a 4 yr university, you can definitely go to a 2 year college then transfer your credits over to a univeristy, take your dat then apply. Make sure you study well for DAT. Some schools will allow you to take 2 yrs of pre-requisites at a junior college then apply, but if you want to be more competitive you should think about transfering to a 4 yr university. That's my opinion, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
maverick88 said:

WHY THE BIG HURRY ANYHOW?

LEARN HOW TO WIPE YOUR NOSE FIRST.

start taking general classes such as english 101, alg II/trig, history, and other general requirement courses first

i would recommend starting wherever is most conveniant:
1)close to home
2)tuition
3)reputation

if there are good community colleges nearby, go there

if not, go to the closest state institution

start working on a college degree, it can be any degree

once you begin to get used to classes in the college environment, add the following classes: 1 year of biology, 1 year of general chemistry, 1 year of organic chemistry, 1 year of physics

take the dat, apply, graduate from dental school, and you'll have the world's youngest dentist!!

thanks everyone would this be better taking most of the prereqs at a CC and then taking higher level science classes at a university?