Hello I am applying for undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorman45342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I really don't see how having a girlfriend in undergrad is going to make any difference at all. If she is needy and clingy and always wants to hang out, then she isn't even worth having in the first place. If you find the right girl, it will work easily. It's not like you have no free time during undergrad, you would just have less free time w/o the gf.

So I think you know the answer, just make sure she doesn't want to get in cuz you're "pre-dent".

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you guys think of this? Is it smart to have a significant other during your undergrad studies? Is it more of a distraction? Is the companionship worth the time/effort?

Is the sweet juicy of the berry worth indulging in before it is completely ripe?

How virgin of you.

Kidding. Gf's ain't no a big deal. Go get that sweet juicy of the berry ;)

Reactions: 10 users
Sure, you're going to want to have at least a 3.25, and a 6/6/6 admissions test score to make this happen. Meaning, a BMW 325i, and 6-foot, 6-figure, 6...something, stats.

Reactions: 2 users
What do you guys think of this? Is it smart to have a significant other during your undergrad studies? Is it more of a distraction? Is the companionship worth the time/effort?

Is the sweet juicy of the berry worth indulging in before it is completely ripe?

I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do when I started undergrad. I went into school dating a girl who was hardcore pre-med. We ended up studying together all the time and we really had each other's back for emotional support when things got rough. I ended up completing all the med/dent courses because of this girl. After our relationship ended, I dated my current gf who was less concerned with school and the lax in attitude did nothing negatively to impact my grades. lol sorry for the rant. Point is, this is very subjective as I know people who get extremely involved in relationships then neglect school and some others who are able to prioritize time and be happy. This all depends on you and how you can manage your time.

Do you have friends? Do you think they are a distraction?
A girlfriend is just like a best friend with benefits.

Well you don't always think about your friends like you do a girlfriend you know?

The point is that friends or girlfriend can be a distraction. Manage your time and make sure priorities are in check.

You are just looking at the wrong type of girlfriends. A normal girlfriend shouldn't be "distraction" at all

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you want to indulge in a textbook or a girl? This is a subjective question and only you know the answer.

I'm just about to graduate and have had my girlfriend since senior year of high school so....I think it's doable.

I think more of the concern here is avoiding getting a GF right before you graduate. Realistically, if you're a freshman now, you've got time out the wazoo anyways. Enjoy your time in undergrad... but finding a good GF isn't easy to do.

What are you looking for in a woman?

1014664_Seats_chairs_audience_empty.jpg

all the people who want to date op

Reactions: 8 users
No.
No, it's not smart, but it is what it is. If it happens, then it happens. Just enjoy it and manage your time.
Yes. You only have 24 hours a day.
It depends. For some it's easy to manage and for others it's a hassle.
Personally, I'll wait for better ripeness. But some prefer a more sourer taste.

Last edited:

This statement. Inspirational. Beautiful.

It's also so thought provoking, since its meaning is not apparent.

Are we women not "ripe" during undergrad? Or is undergrad not the "ripest" time in life to have a relationship?

:laugh: Dear Lord.

Your undergrad time is very valuable. Best not to waste time on stupid things like women. That worthless time you spend with some gal in undergrad could be used to Learn real skills, to learn a language, get ripped and buff, pick up a hobby (like golf or a musical instrument), etc. Focus on improving yourself and on your studies (so you don't have to go to an expensive D-school and get into debt cause you got bad grades). Then when you're done and have improved yourself then go chasing women. If you can improve your own qualities to the fullest extent, then you stand a much better chance at getting the 'cream of the women'. Leave the average and less superior women to the losers.

Good luck!

Your undergrad time is very valuable. Best not to waste time on stupid things like women. That worthless time you spend with some gal in undergrad could be used to Learn real skills, to learn a language, get ripped and buff, pick up a hobby (like golf or a musical instrument), etc. Focus on improving yourself and on your studies (so you don't have to go to an expensive D-school and get into debt cause you got bad grades). Then when you're done and have improved yourself then go chasing women. If you can improve your own qualities to the fullest extent, then you stand a much better chance at getting the 'cream of the women'. Leave the average and less superior women to the losers.

Good luck!
That coming from Miley Cyrus... You poor men, you will have to spend the rest of your lives wondering, does she love me for me, or for my money?

Why limit yourself to only 1 in undergrad?

My girlfriend was one of the worst things to happen to my grades. But then once I got married to her, it was definitely the best thing to happen to my grades. I was a lot more motivated. Maybe just try skipping the whole girlfriend thing and just get married? Just spitballing here...

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe just try skipping the whole girlfriend thing and just get married?

Its called an arranged marriage. Nothing wrong with it, if both people are fine with it and it works for them.

Why set out to get a girlfriend? If it happens just let it happen. Don't wake up one day and say...'I think I'm gonna have a girlfriend!' and pick one up at your nearest girlfriend store. And also, if Tariq is your real name, I'm assuming your parents are desi and they probably won't let that fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.