Hello! Please help me I have a question for pharmacy-tech-study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacyyyyyyy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm pre-pharmacy student and also preparing pharm tech for experiences.
I heard that site of pharmacy-tech-study is good to study so I am studying with that.
If I memorize just Law, Math, Prescription, abbreviation, dosage forms of that site and also top 100 drugs, could I pass PTCB(pharmtech exam)?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will pass 100% the test if you memorize all of them.
By the way, I also take PTCB test in December. I try to memorize 100 drugs. Which document do you use to study? Good luck!

Last edited:
I think you will pass 100% the test if you memorize all of them.
By the way, I also take PTCB test in December. I try to memorize 100 drugs. Which document do you use to study? Good luck!

Great
I'm using Certification Review for Pharmacy Technicians, Noah Reifman
First of all, I'll memorize basic things and solve the questions, memorizing top100 drugs with cards

Members don't see this ad :)
I used that site to study and it helped quite a bit. Anything I missed I looked up additional sources for more practices. I passed pretty easy but I also was a pharmacy tech for 4 months at the time which I think helped more than any book studying

I used that site to study and it helped quite a bit. Anything I missed I looked up additional sources for more practices. I passed pretty easy but I also was a pharmacy tech for 4 months at the time which I think helped more than any book studying

Thank you so much
Then..should I memorize about Drug Classification? Like analgesics, antianginals, antiarrhythmics, aminoglycosides, sulfonamides and so on...
I think there are too many contents of classification....

Definitely don't go that deep. But know things like what warfarin does (blood thinner) and what is used to counteract it (Vitamin K). But you'll need to know the top 100 generic name/name brand at least somewhat well

Definitely don't go that deep. But know things like what warfarin does (blood thinner) and what is used to counteract it (Vitamin K). But you'll need to know the top 100 generic name/name brand at least somewhat well
Thank you for replying!
Have a Great day