help: Am i doing something wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalbiology

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you all are fine...:)

Actually i am a recent graduate and my basics are not strong....
I am reading kaplan books (first read) BUT i am only able to answer 20% of kaplanQbank...
I am NOT memorizing things its like i am just clearing my concepts(physio,patho) and (offcrz pharm and microbio. is all about memorizing) and underlining important things without revising them...

I am also writing almost all Qbank points but in short form..
i still have 7mnths ....

So i need your suggestions that do i need to modify this or i am doing ok? ......:love::love:

Members don't see this ad.

hope you all are fine...:)

actually i am a recent graduate and my basics are not strong....
I am reading kaplan books (first read) but i am only able to answer 20% of kaplanqbank...
I am not memorizing things its like i am just clearing my concepts(physio,patho) and (offcrz pharm and microbio. Is all about memorizing) and underlining important things without revising them...

I am also writing almost all qbank points but in short form..
I still have 7mnths ....

So i need your suggestions that do i need to modify this or i am doing ok? ......:love::love:

lol!!!

Read First Aid. Use Kaplan books to supplement what you don't understand. Once you go thru First Aid once and understand a big chunk of it, THEN start doing your questions. It'll help.

I personally wouldn't use the Kaplan books, but to each his/her own.

No need to be an ass.

OP: It depends on what your biggest weaknesses are, but along with reading FA, I'd also suggest getting Pathoma if possible. Dr. Sattar helps break down the basics of Pathology in ways that are easy to understand and then easy to remember. As for other subjects, it might be helpful for you to check out BRS Physio. Some say it's overkill for Step 1 (and I haven't taken the exam yet, so I can't argue for or against that point), but if you're really lacking in the physiology basics, it could be helpful for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too lacked the basics because I crammed for all of my exams. I didnt study much in m1m2, passed everything but I'm like 50% in my class and knew that I had to step it up for step 1. I read the Kaplan series for biochem/immuno micro and physio and did the cases/questions in the books then did qbank 2 months before my exam. Got a 93%ile, I think. Read FA a couple of times and whatever other resource before you do the qbanks. 7 months is a long time-build that knowledge base up now.

20% is really ridiculously low though, even for 7 months out.

Take it easy on him...everyone is different.
OP: If you haven't memorized topics yet, select questions from disciplines that mainly test your understanding of concepts (ex: physio). And once you've understood the concept, go ahead and take out your little white board and memorize away. Don't worry about the 20%, its just a number for now, you haven't gone over FA yet (i'm assuming) and you haven't finished all of kaplan either. Stick to your plan, clear your concept and memorize and then take tests to evaluate your performance. Just don't take NBME's or qbank scores seriously at this point, it'll hurt your self-esteem.

Best

Thankyou Zuhal . I havent said that i finished whole qbank ..... I was doing questions of BIOSTAT from qbank blindly and making notes becuz i am using it as learning tool ... yesterday i finished physio qbank and scored 74% (just after first read)... :)
...sorry for my misleading post....