HELP AMCAS Hours Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilbird123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So somehow I missed on the AMCAS instructions that you are supposed to put future hours as well as completed hours and I put my current hours for clinical hospice volunteering which is 30 hours only, but by the time I am done volunteering there I will have at least 150 hours. I put my projected end date on my app but only listed the 30 hours. Will medical schools understand that this was my hours at the date of submission of my app? Should I mention it in my secondary apps to clarify? PLEASE HELP (neurotic premed freaking out here)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you mention it was an ongoing activity? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. You could update them if something significant came up (award/recognition).

Did you mention it was an ongoing activity? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. You could update them if something significant came up (award/recognition).
Yes I put my end date as may 2018 which is when I will have to quit because I will be graduating. Does that make it obvious that 30hours is just what I had at the time? I mean 30 hours over a year and a half is almost nothing so.....I hope they don't think that's what I mean. I have a secondary app from my state school right now with a question about any experience not listed on my amcas app and I was going to explain that I only put my current hours at time of submission and then explain how I am going to keep volunteering there until I graduate and also how many hours I plan to have when I am done? Is that a good idea ?