Rec Letter Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tika Unas

Reaction score
So I've been reapplying and I submitted my three letters to all of my schools. The problem is, for the letter from my undergrad councilor, I forgot to connect it to the school when making the form on AMCAS, and I didn't realize this until I looked at the rec letter status on one of my secondaries and I saw that the organization tab next to it was empty. My councilor already sent in the letter and the school's have received it so I can't delete it and make another letter form. I was wondering if this would have any negative impact since this is the letter meant to fill in my "pre-medical advisor" individual letter requirement but the school's are gonna receive it as an individual letter with no affiliation to my school. If anyone has any advice or knows of someone with a similar situation, please let me know. Also, do you think should I send an email to each school letting them know or would that only hurt me.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think this is a big deal at all. They’ll know the affiliation from the contents of the letter. If you’re really worried, you could send them an email, but I’ll defer to the experts here about that.

Best of luck this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think this is a big deal at all. They’ll know the affiliation from the contents of the letter. If you’re really worried, you could send them an email, but I’ll defer to the experts here about that.

Best of luck this cycle
Alright preciate it. I probably won't send the email then and just hope for the best.

I haven't heard of such a LOR requirement. Which school is this? No impact as far as I know.
It's not necessarily a requirement, I guess it just makes it clear to schools which LOR's are associated with my schools. But thanks for letting me know!