General Admissions & OTCAS HELP!!!: Chances of Getting in OT School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajrossed5

Reaction score
Okay... I am having so much anxiety about applying to OT school. I am looking for people to give me more insight on my chances of actually getting in. I submitted my application Monday and I am growing increasingly anxious!!!!

- Student at Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.79
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 V 152 Q Analytical is still unknown because it hasn't been uploaded (took GRE just two days ago)

Observation Hours: 50 total
- Driving Clinic - 10 hours
- In-patient Skilled Nursing Facility Rehab: 25 hours
- Hand Therapy: 20 hours
- * also, I am starting a job as a tech at a hand therapy clinic tomorrow * (but didn't include this in my application because I haven't started officially, planning to update my applications as I get more hours)

Experiences:
- Childcare provider at a preschool after-hours and for summer camps
- Anatomy & Physiology Instructional Aide
- Healthy Habits Program Coordinator at Arizona Foundation for the Handicapped (ran nutrition and exercise classes for adults who have disabilities)
- Research Assistant for a study researching the effect of exercise on adults with Down syndrome
- Writing an undergraduate thesis titled "The Effect of Exercise on the Adaptive Behavior on Adults with Down Syndrome". I used the ABASII to analyze pre and post assessments.
- Volunteer at Voices for Court Appointed Special Advocates, local elementary schools, and just started new volunteer position at Elmbem Healthcare for hospice patients
- Member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority serving on recruitment and philanthropy committees
- Personal experience with people with disabilities, my mother who is blind which I talked about in my personal statement

Awards/Publications/Presentations:
- Deans list for 5+ semesters
- Sustainability Scholar Champion

- I also think my personal statement is strong, I have had over 20 people read over it, and I poured my entire heart and soul into it.
- I think my LOR are good because I have strong connections with the OT who wrote one, my thesis director who wrote the other, and my boss at Arizona Foundation for the Handicapped.
- *** however, obviously these are objective and I can not know for sure. ***

Schools I applied to:
- UIC, Rush University, Midwestern University (Downers Grove and Glendale), University of Washington, Belmont University, and Colorado State

I am mainly really worried about my GRE score.... It is on the low side.

Please let me know your opinion of my stats!!!!! I know the OTCAS takes forever to get verified.... I am also worried I might of submitted my app way too late...... which I thought I was personally early it only being September!

Please let me know any and all brutally honest opinions.... Thank you so much in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Okay... I am having so much anxiety about applying to OT school. I am looking for people to give me more insight on my chances of actually getting in. I submitted my application Monday and I am growing increasingly anxious!!!!

- Student at Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.79
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 V 152 Q Analytical is still unknown because it hasn't been uploaded (took GRE just two days ago)

Observation Hours: 50 total
- Driving Clinic - 10 hours
- In-patient Skilled Nursing Facility Rehab: 25 hours
- Hand Therapy: 20 hours
- * also, I am starting a job as a tech at a hand therapy clinic tomorrow * (but didn't include this in my application because I haven't started officially, planning to update my applications as I get more hours)

Experiences:
- Childcare provider at a preschool after-hours and for summer camps
- Anatomy & Physiology Instructional Aide
- Healthy Habits Program Coordinator at Arizona Foundation for the Handicapped (ran nutrition and exercise classes for adults who have disabilities)
- Research Assistant for a study researching the effect of exercise on adults with Down syndrome
- Writing an undergraduate thesis titled "The Effect of Exercise on the Adaptive Behavior on Adults with Down Syndrome". I used the ABASII to analyze pre and post assessments.
- Volunteer at Voices for Court Appointed Special Advocates, local elementary schools, and just started new volunteer position at Elmbem Healthcare for hospice patients
- Member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority serving on recruitment and philanthropy committees
- Personal experience with people with disabilities, my mother who is blind which I talked about in my personal statement

Awards/Publications/Presentations:
- Deans list for 5+ semesters
- Sustainability Scholar Champion

- I also think my personal statement is strong, I have had over 20 people read over it, and I poured my entire heart and soul into it.
- I think my LOR are good because I have strong connections with the OT who wrote one, my thesis director who wrote the other, and my boss at Arizona Foundation for the Handicapped.
- *** however, obviously these are objective and I can not know for sure. ***

Schools I applied to:
- UIC, Rush University, Midwestern University (Downers Grove and Glendale), University of Washington, Belmont University, and Colorado State

I am mainly really worried about my GRE score.... It is on the low side.

Please let me know your opinion of my stats!!!!! I know the OTCAS takes forever to get verified.... I am also worried I might of submitted my app way too late...... which I thought I was personally early it only being September!

Please let me know any and all brutally honest opinions.... Thank you so much in advance! :)
your stats should be enough to get you an interview to rush and midwestern. i got interviews to both with slightly lower stats. the only thing i would suggest is get more shadowing hours so you'll be more competitive! hope that helps!

Your GRE is not low! Mine was only about 2 points higher and I got into my top 2 schools! I think if you submitted in September and didn't get verified until October that could put other people ahead of you...but if OTCAS was quick in verifying your app I wouldn't worry too much!