Help Choosing Between Two Courses for Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaughingMan

Avoid Arrogance
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I am looking to give a small boost to the sGPA. I've already taken all my pre-reqs and some upper level sciences. No new upper level classes are being offered this summer. I was wondering if some of you can chime in on which class I should take for the summer.

The first class is a "Intro to Nutrition" at my local CC. This is listed under under Biology department thus Biol 1234.

The second is an "Intro to Nutrition" at my university. This is online and listed under the Nutrition subheading thus Nutr 1234.

Any comments/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
LaughingMan

Edit: I should add, I am in Texas. Thus per TMDSAS, Nutrition is considered an "other" science.

Members don't see this ad.

Take the one labeled under biology, for sure. It depends on the course content, but if a course is given a biology label it's probably classified as BCPM and will help your science GPA.

I'd request a syllabus from both instructors and take the version that looks most interesting (for me: I'd take the one with more focus on human physiology). If they both cover the same content and professor quality is similar, then go with the cheaper course :).