Help! Crack the Board NBDE Mock exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canine crusader

Journey to freedom
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sitting for my exam next wednesday. I have purchased Crack the NBDE Mock Exams, has anyone taken the exam that used this software? If so, how so you think it helped with your score? Is it useful or should I stick with paper tests. So far, the software mimics the test day atmosphere. Please someone respond with some advice, I am getting scared!!!!!!!!1:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

yeah i used the crackthenbde software last year...personally, its not that great. Not only is it A LOT harder, but the topics tested on crackthenbde are not the same as those on the actual exam...i think people, myself included, got 5-6 points higher on the actual exam than the software, but again, this is not a consistent finding. look at released exams from recent years, late 80s, 90s, and the 04. you can use the timer on crack the ndbe to pace yourself.

these are just some personal recommendations...good luck.

I thought crack nbde is a great exam to SIMULATE the exam envt...I dont know if it has the same qs or topics but for me it helped me 'sit down' for 3.5 hrs and focus and was a 'trial' exam.....I scored 2 pts higher than what I scored on crack nbde. Do it about a week before the exam and focus on what you think are weak points.

Thanks for your opinions. I am currently doing both types of exams and the paper are a lot easier. After going through the exam software twice, I am making in the high 90's! It has helped me to identify weak areas and develop patience sitting. If my exam is anything like the paper tests, I will do awesome! The mock exam kinda brought some stuff to my attention that I have not seen in awhile. I will definitely post my experience all around once I am done. I am also going back through certain subjects from the dental decks that they always seem to ask so that I can be 100% sure! I am so ready to move on from this. Thanks again for all of your thoughts !:xf::D

That's great to know.

One thing about mock exam, it will tell you in which subject you are weak at.

The last week before the exam I think you should just doing the old exams, mock, and read your notes (only notes that you think you need to review more, not the notes you are studying with).