help deciding between two schools

Started by Remibelle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Remibelle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I have been fully accepted to Louisiana Tech University but I recently got a voicemail saying I could possibly have a chance to go to Gallaudet. Gallaudet was my second choice school but I'm torn now. While I would love the chance to go to Gallaudet, LA tech is offering me a GA position so at least part of my tuition is covered and with Gallaudet there will be no funding because we all know school will not be cheap. It looks like I've already decided what school I am going to go too but I would just like someone's opinion if you had the same situation.
 
I had the decision between funding at a school I liked a lot and no funding at a school I loved. I chose the school I loved.
 
It is a tough decision. For me because I have a family I would probably lean towards the funding but if it was my dream school I would have to really consider it. But in the end I think funding would probably win me over.
Good luck with your decision!
 
Go for the school with funding. Especially if it's in state tuition. You will thank yourself later when you get those lower loan repayments each month.