Help finalizing my list of DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Golden_Grahams

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Don't limit your school list based on which school you think will accept you. If there is one thing I learned during this this process it's that once you meet the minimum requirements, admission is based solely on fit with the program.

My advice is to apply to all schools which you have a genuine interest in attending both osteo and allopathic. When making that list strongly favor schools in locations that will allow you to have a strong support system while your in the trenches. Your application package is superb. Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-N920P using SDN mobile

Hi there!

I am a 24 year old with a degree in Biology and one year of Post Bacc from Florida. I have a 3.447 cGPA (Strong upward trend, 3.8 during last year of undergrad, 4.0 Post Bacc) and a sGPA of 3.268. I retook two courses in which I got a D and a C-, doing well in both of the retakes. I also got a 503 on my MCAT, with a breakdown of 127/127/124/125.

I am a first generation college student and worked my way through college. I have a year of paid clinical experience as a CNA at my local hospital. I have strong extracurriculars. I spent 4 years as part of a large medical outreach organization, serving as the volunteer chair, secretary, vice president, student liaison for all chapter to our nationals, and student team leader for our biannual medical mission to Guyana. I was a coordinator for the largest student-run organization on campus, which last year fundraised over $1.8 million for the Children's Miracle Network and medically under served communities in the Florida panhandle. I also served as a mentor for the university Pre Health Living Learning Community. In total I have over 800 registered service hours. I have received multiple leadership and involvement based recognitions. I was also part of my university's competitive triathlon team for two years. I have extensive shadowing experience, including with a DO. I have 3 semester worth of research experience, including one published abstract. I have strong and diverse LOR, including one DO, one MD, 3 professors, and my direct supervisor from work.

I would really appreciate any advice as far as schools that I should add or drop from my list below, given my stats and experiences. Thank you so much for your help!!!

ACOM, SOMA, BCOM, KCUMB, LECOM-P, LECOM-B, NOVA, PCOM, all of the VCOMs, and WVSOM. I'll be throwing FSU in there too. Gotta shoot my shot

DMU, CUSOM.

I'd stay away from LECOM-B right now. It's a mess.

Reactions: 1 user