Help: Forgot a major activity on my AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just recently got verified and thought all was great. Life was going to be awesome.

HOWEVER...

Today while filling out a secondary, I realized I forgot to list one major activity on my AACOMAS. I am about to freak out. The activity was two years of bench research at University of California, Irvine where I had my own projects and published two papers.

I did list the publications into AACOMAS, so I don't know if medical schools will catch on.

What should I do? Should I send each of the DO schools I applied to a letter stating the missing information? Also, I could have sworn I triple checked everything before I submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

email AACOMAS and tell them wut u forgot

You can either email AACOMAS.....but...since your already verified and doing secondaries I would simply send an "update" letter that states that you would also like them to add to your file the "following research and publications" and that it be considered as part of your admissions file. Each school I have talked to (forgot something too plus wanted to explain aacomas delays) says "sure of course no problem we'll place that into your file"

So dont freak out just spend a little extra on postage
IamAriDo

Members don't see this ad :)
OK... I guess I got to write out some stuff and send it to 10 different DO schools.

Last year I needed to add some additional coursework/volunteering to my application, and just emailed aacomas the updated material. It took them a couple of days to update the material, and they promptly "I think within a week" mailed the updated application. That may be the easiest method of updating your application. I did however send the material to the school also. I think both would be best

OK... I guess I got to write out some stuff and send it to 10 different DO schools.

Just send it with your secondaries. Most schools aren't very selective about sending them.

I forgot to add my shadowing to my primary, I just mentioned it in the secondaries.