Jul 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone, I'm moving across the country by airplane in TWO days and am desperately hoping to get some suggestions on how to transport my jar of teeth. I can't find a leak proof jar... I don't want any bleach to leak out. The jar has about 30+ teeth and I need it for dental school.

How did you transport your jar of teeth?? (need recommendations for container, method, etc)

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
Hi everyone, I'm moving across the country by airplane in TWO days and am desperately hoping to get some suggestions on how to transport my jar of teeth. I can't find a leak proof jar... I don't want any bleach to leak out. The jar has about 30+ teeth and I need it for dental school.

How did you transport your jar of teeth?? (need recommendations for container, method, etc)
You might have to take them out of the bleach for transport because of TSA guidelines on liquid containers and such.

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/prohibited-items

Yep, bleach is prohibited, for the record. It can easily be used with a bit of brake fluid (I'm backwoods enough to know kids that did this for fun back in the day) to make an IED powerful enough to blow the hull of a plane open, so that's probably a good thing.

Dec 6, 2012
Pennsylvania
Status
Dental Student

I wrapped mine in bleach soaked paper towels and put them in two zip lock bags inside a plastic box and my mom shipped them to me via USPS.

Btw, congrats on coming to UPenn! Very smart of you to collect teeth ahead of time, you won't need them until second year btw.

Reactions: cuttie12390