help im freakin out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

void

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i go to nyu, i am a sophomore. i'm going to get a B- at best in my first sem. of orgo I. probably a B- in the lab as well.

i got an A gen chem 1st sem, B+ for lab. B for gen chem 2nd sem, A for lab. I am also taking Bio and will probably get a B+/A-.

should i retake any of them?

am i destined for the caribbean?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're getting B- at BEST, does that mean most likley a C+? If so, take a W if you can.

No worries though. I know someone with a C+ in OChem who is at Yale right now. Just don't make a habit of getting B's.

your fine. You don't need to retake...if you retake it should be like the very last thing you do with your degree in year four. Actually no, scratch that...you don't need to retake, just don't get a C+

Members don't see this ad :)
alright, alright. what if i get a C+?

the curve for my class isn't determined yet. The reason I say "at best" is because I've been basically getting the average scores, and the average could either be a C, C+ or B-.

What if I get a C+? My advisor told me that med schools want to see A-/B+ in this class. My response is, yeah right.

i'm not going to be able to drop this, unless I put time into writing a letter to the dean which will subsequently put me on suicide watch.

am i okay? how bad is this? to make matters worse, i think my gpa is going to dip below 3.6 this semester. :scared::scared::scared:

the curve for my class isn't determined yet. The reason I say "at best" is because I've been basically getting the average scores, and the average could either be a C, C+ or B-.

What if I get a C+? My advisor told me that med schools want to see A-/B+ in this class. My response is, yeah right.

i'm not going to be able to drop this, unless I put time into writing a letter to the dean which will subsequently put me on suicide watch.

am i okay? how bad is this? to make matters worse, i think my gpa is going to dip below 3.6 this semester. :scared::scared::scared:

It's okay man, I got 1 F in chemistry, and 5 C's in classes not pertaining to my major and I'm still determined to go to Med school. Med schools want to see Improvement and development in your thinking and acting so just improve and They'll understand.

Christ ... you are absurd. If you get a C+, it happens. You explain it in an interview IF IT EVEN comes up. Don't take a W, that could be viewed as an F. If your gpa dips below a 3.6 this semester :scared::scared: ... you bring it up next semester. What I DO recommend you do is chill out, and get a grasp on reality.

Well, **** happens. That's really all I can say to you. A C+ in O-Chem 1 wont kill you, but having B-/C in the whole series might raise an eyebrow.

i go to nyu, i am a sophomore. i'm going to get a B- at best in my first sem. of orgo I. probably a B- in the lab as well.

i got an A gen chem 1st sem, B+ for lab. B for gen chem 2nd sem, A for lab. I am also taking Bio and will probably get a B+/A-.

It's ok, just chill. Set a goal for final, if you study hard enough there is no reason you would not end up with a B in Ochem- Instead of wasting time on sdn (which I do a lot) study for your exam.
One of my friends got a D- in calculus and she hated it so she is not taking it over.

Wow, reading your post, I wanted you to chill out, but if it was four years ago, I'd be crying, so I guess I can't judge.

Do the best you can, raise your grades and get tutoring if necessary.

Enjoy college, finish a bachelors in an area you would like to work if all else fails, and keep working hard.

You will be fine. Don't forget to enjoy college. :)

Wow. Gain some perspective, son. Both academic and life...

It's okay man, I got 1 F in chemistry, and 5 C's in classes not pertaining to my major and I'm still determined to go to Med school. Med schools want to see Improvement and development in your thinking and acting so just improve and They'll understand.

At risk of sounding like a real downer, I'm not so sure schools just want to see an upward trend.:( I think you still need to be around or just a bit below the matriculant average when you apply, even with an upward trend.

I say this because an F and a handful of C's really torpedoes your GPA, so heads up.

you are living in a world of wishful thinking. sorry. they won't understand unless they are looking at a 38+ MCAT, and even then. . .???

I know people who got more than one C and got into medical school (US MD). So your fine.

That being said,STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT AND GET OFF THESE BOARDS AND START STUDYING!!!! That is the best thing you can do right now. Just focues on improving yourself.

I earned a B+ in Orgo I, and a B- in Orgo II, and I just got back from a week of interviews at medical school. They don't care.

you are living in a world of wishful thinking. sorry. they won't understand unless they are looking at a 38+ MCAT, and even then. . .???

Well we dont know where the grades are from or what class. It could be a 2 unit course for all we know.
Besides, provided he hits the 3.5 mark before applications he should be good.

i'll just retake the course next year and pull off an A. it doesn't seem like it'll be hard, especially since I'm still registered for orgo II next semester.

is this a good idea? i'm going to probably end up with a B-, but I'm just going to retake it.

well the bad grades i got were the first semester of my freshman year and they were in a bunch of anthropology classes. My science classes that I've taken so far i have an A in.

The problem was that i took too many credits my first semester and really screwed up.

Christ ... you are absurd. If you get a C+, it happens. You explain it in an interview IF IT EVEN comes up. Don't take a W, that could be viewed as an F. If your gpa dips below a 3.6 this semester :scared::scared: ... you bring it up next semester. What I DO recommend you do is chill out, and get a grasp on reality.

I completely disagree with this. A W is NOT viewed as an F. You could have gotten a W for any number of reasons. Your grandfather could have died. God love withdrawing from classes, it has saved my GPA.

Meanwhile, the average in orgo is very rarely a b-, much less a C+, my first semester average was a B+ and my second semester average was a B and I went to a top tear school. Dont sweat it man, you'll be fine