Help: Letter of Rec "Draft" and Microbiology Prereq Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kouneko

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So this is my last quarter in college. I am asking for the letter of recs from the science professors I am taking this quarter with and I make extra efforts to get to know a few of them well and attend most of their office hours or get to class early, etc.

One of the professors agreed to write me a letter (I attended almost all the biweekly office hours). She asked me to send her a draft first...

The question is, what should I include in the draft? I know I should definitely write about how I perform in the course, but should I also include my personal history, special things about me, etc.?

And what would be a good length (how many words)?

Another unrelated question.

Some schools require or recommend microbiology. I took a course called "medical microbiology" where we read a lot of scientific literature on bacterial/viral diseases and treatments and diagnosis, etc. Would that satisfy the requirement or should I take a microbiology course at my local community college after graduation?

Thank you all!

kou_keiki

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,

So this is my last quarter in college. I am asking for the letter of recs from the science professors I am taking this quarter with and I make extra efforts to get to know a few of them well and attend most of their office hours or get to class early, etc.

One of the professors agreed to write me a letter (I attended almost all the biweekly office hours). She asked me to send her a draft first...

The question is, what should I include in the draft? I know I should definitely write about how I perform in the course, but should I also include my personal history, special things about me, etc.?

And what would be a good length (how many words)?

Another unrelated question.

Some schools require or recommend microbiology. I took a course called "medical microbiology" where we read a lot of scientific literature on bacterial/viral diseases and treatments and diagnosis, etc. Would that satisfy the requirement or should I take a microbiology course at my local community college after graduation?

Thank you all!

kou_keiki

As for the LOR, watch my video. I address this exactly around 17:30 in the video. That class should be fine! We just got our required book list for this year and the book title for our microbiology class is "Medical microbiology and immunology". I am going to UOP. But, I would call each school if you are really curious!

PM me if you had any super specific questions!