Help me figure out a game plan for next time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiedoc2010

MSIV
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Here is my background:
  • Junior 2nd Semester Biomedical Science major applying in May '09
  • Holding a 3.82 GPA right now.
  • Currently taking Biochemistry 2 (all the cellular pathways) and Honors Genetics.
  • I took Kaplan Test Prep and scored a 21 diagnostic and 24, 26, 30, 27, 30 on the FLs. The first two were with pretty little studying.
  • Took one AAMC and made a 25.
Took the MCAT on 1/31 and made a 26N: 8 VR, 9 PS, 9 BS.:thumbdown:

I will be retaking on May 2nd and want to get above a 28 but would like to break 30 if possible.

I am planning to use Kaplan's stuff again to study, but what would you suggest to focus on with their materials.

Additionally would you all suggest I pick up Exam Crackers materials, or buy PR's cracking MCAT books?

I am really at a loss as to a game plan :confused:, and any suggestions from anyone especially those that have done well I would appreciate.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off, to raise your score, study and practice. I have the EK set as well as their 1001s and verbal 101. I also have the science workbook and physical sciences review HYPERLEARNING from PR. They dont have ISBN #s so you will have to find them in the used section of amazon or half.com . PRs hyperlearning books seem to fill in the gaps where EK leaves off and their science workbook is passage based for each subject where as biology 1001 is the only book in the series that is passage based. Dont go too broad with studying but definitely through in some variety. AAMC practice mcats are also a huge help.