Help me make a rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutsman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Like Coffee? Need it to stay awake? Loma Linda DNR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Cali programs
2. Non-cali programs

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is literally true. As I recall, there was a Vanderbilt General Surgery resident Eugene Gu who literally got subpoenaed by Congress for being in Tennessee and now all he wants to do is transfer to California. Especially with Trump as POTUS, be extra careful about what location you choose to do residency. It can literally be life-changing (or shattering). Link to article for reference: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eugene-gu-research-congress_us_581a3d79e4b01a82df6460de

This is literally true. As I recall, there was a Vanderbilt General Surgery resident Eugene Gu who literally got subpoenaed by Congress for being in Tennessee and now all he wants to do is transfer to California. Especially with Trump as POTUS, be extra careful about what location you choose to do residency. It can literally be life-changing (or shattering). Link to article for reference: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eugene-gu-research-congress_us_581a3d79e4b01a82df6460de

sad days

He wasn't subpoenaed for being in Tennessee... I'm also not sure if he'd have avoided it being in California either.

There's not much info/reviews of the California programs online

Anyone have any insight, particularly the more mid-tier programs Fresno, East Bay, Kaiser, Loma Linda, Harbor etc
I did some rotations at Fresno during my residency. Seemed like they had good operative experience, good autonomy/oversight balance, and good teaching. Did vascular at harbor and there was good teaching but I can't really comment on much else as it was a new rotation so I mostly hung out with one attending and the fellows on endovascular. Residents didn't seem as miserable as they did where I went to med school at USC. Only know a little about Loma Linda from my ortho interview. There is coffee if you know where to find it (the nurses evidently have coffee makers stashed on the wards), they have a nice gym, the area around the facility seemed nice. That is all I got.

He wasn't subpoenaed for being in Tennessee... I'm also not sure if he'd have avoided it being in California either.

He was subpoenaed by the ultra-conservative fraud, POS congresswoman in Tennesee, Marsha Blackburn, who lives in the same district as Dr. Gu, for doing LEGAL research to cure congenital heart and kidney diseases in children using donated fetal tissue.

Bullying and gossiping false rumors should have no place in medicine. Grow up.