Help me rank: Touro-NV v LECOM- Erie v ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chipeachi

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I would love to get some insight about each of these schools. I recently got accepted to Touro-Nevada and I'm waiting to hear back from the other two. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Note: Overall, cost of living is about the same for all three.

Touro- NV
Pros
  • pre-recorded/recorded lectures
  • P/F curriculum (but still ranked)
  • Rotations are local
  • Excellent match rate and boards pass rate
  • Closer to home

Cons
  • research you have to find yourself

LECOM- Erie
Pros
  • local affiliated rotations
  • teaching hospital access
  • excellent match list and board pass rate
  • plenty of research opportunities

Cons
  • would need access to a car and learn to drive in the snow (I live in Cali and have never driven in the snow :( )
  • graded curriculum
  • heard administration had issues

ATSU-SOMA
Pros
  • CHC sites let me go back to California in 3rd and 4th year (although I'm not too sure if I get to pick my CHC site)
  • H/P/F curriculum
  • When I visited for interview the staff seemed really supportive and friendly :)
  • Match list is excellent
  • Hololens anatomy

Cons
  • more time in OMM lab compared to other schools
  • its recent transition from a 1+3 lecture model to a 2+2 PBL model has me unsure if it will efficiently prepare me for boards
  • board pass rate is lower than the other two schools though

Members don't see this ad.

Choose between Touro and LECOM. LECOM's low tuition is attractive and if you are interested in one of their in-house residencies, that could be the deciding factor. Administration is not the nicest, but it is more that they have the formal dress code and no eating or drinking in the lecture hall.

Reactions: 1 user
Choose between Touro and LECOM. LECOM's low tuition is attractive and if you are interested in one of their in-house residencies, that could be the deciding factor. Administration is not the nicest, but it is more that they have the formal dress code and no eating or drinking in the lecture hall.
Thank you for your insight :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I forgot to ask- Why not ATSU?