Help me with my ROL for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dante7550

Reaction score
Yale New Haven Track
Yale Solnit Track
NYP Columbia-Cornell
CHA
BCH
NYU
Tuft
University of Michigan

I have been having a hard time deciding which one to put first between Yale, and NYP Columbia-Cornell. Felt really good vibes from both programs. I also had a really good experience with CHA. Would love to hear some opinions from people familiar with both programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want to live in Boston, New Haven, or NYC long-term? Rank that highest.

I don't know much of anything about C+A programs otherwise. Typical questions would be if you have any particular interests, future specific career goals, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Yale New Haven Track
Yale Solnit Track
NYP Columbia-Cornell
CHA
BCH
NYU
Tuft
University of Michigan

I have been having a hard time deciding which one to put first between Yale, and NYP Columbia-Cornell. Felt really good vibes from both programs. I also had a really good experience with CHA. Would love to hear some opinions from people familiar with both programs.
Hey sorry to bring this thread up again. I have a similar rank list and was wondering what your thoughts were after you did your research/matched.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you want to live in Boston, New Haven, or NYC long-term? Rank that highest.
Thanks- I feel equal about NYC/Boston so that's why I'm torn. Could see myself happier in NYC but no particular tie to the area.

Thanks- I feel equal about NYC/Boston so that's why I'm torn. Could see myself happier in NYC but no particular tie to the area.
Good. Sounds like you ruled out New Haven.
Pick another quality arbitrarily to decide NYC vs Boston. Which program has the best food?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’d say go with wherever has less or no call between NY/ Boston.

CAP programs try to get away with that garbage.

Reactions: 3 users
@mistafab nailed it.

Lowest call burden gets ranked top.

It's 2 years, possibly last time to have an "adventure" and live in random place of the country. Don't use the metric of 'do you plan to live there' as a meaningful variable in rank list.

Other variable of concern, which program will give you better training - i.e. breadth of experience. CCF should have been on those lists.