help! need info on Kirksville interview

Started by king
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

king

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I've just been asked to interview at Kirksville but do not know how to prepare for it. What's the format like? The stress level? My GPA is 3.2 and I have a total of 28 on the MCAT. If you think I have a chance, please respond. Also, would it be a good idea to bunk with one of the students?

Thanks guys.
 
You clearly have a good chance since you were granted an interview. I stayed with a student when I interviewed and found it helpful. I went with him to campus when he had to do some work and got a quick look at the facilities the night before. Also had a chance to ask him a lot of questions. Prepare for the interview as you would for any at a DO school. Know about osteopathy but most importantly, KNOW YOURSELF! Be honest, you know the drill. My interviewers were pleasant. The admissions staff is great. I believe all interviews are still in the morning, followed by lunch with some 2nd years and a tour of the campus. Anything other questions, don't be afraid to ask.
 
I would have to agree with justwannabeadoc, the Kirksville interview was my most pleasant interview. You should consider staying the night at a student ambassador's residence( I stayed at the Atlas house). When I got there the night before I walked around and talked to people about everything and anything about the school, the curriculum, the interview etc. Reading up on osteopathic medicine is a given and be prepared to answer any questions on that subject. Also review your secondary and your AACOMAS app. (Especially your secondary)
If you did any research, be prepared to answer any questions on it. I was pleased with my interview, and you get to find out a week later. I wish you luck on your interview.. Hopefully, I'll get to see you soon..
smile.gif

Duke

[This message has been edited by Duke (edited 03-16-99).]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may not find out one week after your interview. I interviewed the last week of March 2 years ago and didn't find out till end of April/early May. Must have been b/c classes were pretty full already.