1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[email protected]! NYU or BU?? need to decide quickly

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sonigee, Jan 30, 2002.

1. sonigee

sonigee Senior Member

Hey Guys...i already put my deposit for NYU but I just got my acceptance from BU and they want $3000 before the 18th of Feb...They are both quite spendy schools, but I want to choose the best overall school...any suggestions...any advice is much appreciated...thanxxxxx
    :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

Through a mutual friend, I know of a gal from Seattle who is a D1 at BU. From what I hear, she is very happy at BU.

4. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member

Hi i interviewed in NYU and BU on the 24th and 25th of this month respectively. If you don't mind sharing, how long did it took the school to send u the acceptance letter. I am too eager to hear from both of them
    thanx
    I would choose BU over NYU any day though

5. Henna

Moderator Emeritus

Between NYU & BU,,,,....Definitely BU !

Good luck !

6. Westside22

Westside22 Senior Member

I was wondering if you guys can share with me any info about the interview for NYU. I have been invited for a regional interview here in CA for NYU in late Feb.
    How is this interview different than the actual interview at NYU? Even though it is very convienient, but I don't get to see the school, get a feeling of the area, etc.
    Can you guys help me out and give me some tips for the interview?
    thanks

7. sonigee

sonigee Senior Member

Hey guys..thanx for the input.......

Viraj, as far as the interview, i found out from NY 11 days later and from BU about 7 days later........

Westside:as far as the regional interview..its the same thing, an interview is an interview, they are going to use the same criteria to select you. The only thing is that you don't get to ck out the school, which is what happened with me for BU..i interviewed in Vancouver BC..so now i have to make that trip, but i guess its worth it...good luck:)

8. pn229

pn229 Member

As a fourth year NYU dental student...I would have to say you choose NYU. Nyu has a huge patient pool. Their clinical skills are second to none. The school is under heavy renovation so far there is a new simulation lab with a brand new preclinical facility. They are building an Aesthetics clinic dunded by the worl renown Larry Rosental, and is associated with many Hospitals throughout NYC. Overall great place to be. BU I heard does not have adequate patients...but that;s what I heard not what I know. So, it's up0 to you. Good luck

9. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member

Hey Sonigee
    I haven't heard from BU yet, I went for my interview on the 25th of Jan. Any insights on what should I do????