Help on applying for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tankforwiggins

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I already graduated from University 2 years ago and have been working in a laboratory since. I didn't go ahead and apply for dental school/testing back in college because of family reason.

Now after everything is settled, I plan to take the test in next 3 months and see if I can get to dental school in 2015. But now I have few questions I need help one

1. I got my Dentpin and was going to registered for test, but then it ask me for the school I want to sent the score to, do I have to choose which school I want my score to sent before I receive my score? Or I can do that whenever I want?

2. Continuing from first question, if I do need to choose school? how should I make my choice? I read from the forum that you can choose the school based on your college GPA, which wasn't so good. But since I already graduated and worked for 2 years, can I take that factor out and choosing better school. I have confidence that my DAT will be good as I did also take 2 years for my study.

3. Letter of recommendation, again since I graduated from college for 2 years and I didn't plan to become pre-dental before, I do not have any letter. I can get 1-2 letters from the place I worked and it is bio related, but do I have to get letters from University professor?

4. After I paid for the DAT test, do I have to take the test in certain time? I was reading that after registration it will take 48 hours to get my ID if it gets approved. But then can I just schedule the testing time anytime? or there are wait time for schedule? If so how long usually takes the registration for DAT before I can take the test?

thanks

Have a happy new years guys

Members don't see this ad.

1) Select every school. There's no extra fees for doing so.

2) See above

3) You will most likely letters from college faculty, but you will have to look at each school's requirements to find out.

4) IIRC, it should tell you somewhere how long your registration is valid for. Probably a pretty lengthy amount of time, but it never hurts to plan out your study schedule ahead of time and select a date earlier.

Thanks for answering so soon

4) IIRC, it should tell you somewhere how long your registration is valid for. Probably a pretty lengthy amount of time, but it never hurts to plan out your study schedule ahead of time and select a date earlier.

so I should just go ahead and pay for the registration today if I will take the test in about late Feb/early March?

Members don't see this ad :)
so I should just go ahead and pay for the registration today if I will take the test in about late Feb/early March?

I mean, if you the exact date you want to take it on, go ahead. I'm not too fresh on the exact process though, so it would probably be worth looking up how long you have to register.

I mean, if you the exact date you want to take it on, go ahead. I'm not too fresh on the exact process though, so it would probably be worth looking up how long you have to register.

Thanks for help.

Happy New Year