Help picking a school! USC vs. Campbell vs. MUSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

l_eliz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm having a hard time picking a school. I've narrowed my choices to 3 schools, which I've been accepted into: Campbell, MUSC and USC (south carolina, not cali.) I'm from NC but I really like SC. I know I can get a good education no matter where I go, but picking is hard. I need to be able to go outside and separate myself from schoolwork to stay at minimal stress levels, so I'm worried about Campbell in that respect because it's kind of in the middle of nowhere....I also am unsure about living situations there because a good chunk of students live 20-30 minutes away (someone correct me if I'm wrong), which I'm not that interested in.

Tuition looks to be about the same for all 3 schools at $37k, if I keep out-of-state status for SC. If i go to SC, then I'm hoping to look into establishing residency, which would reduce my tuition to $25k for both USC/MUSC. They have a non-resident scholarship too to reduce OOS tuition to $32k, so I like the possibility of being able to reduce my tuition costs.

Right now MUSC and USC are fighting for #1 for me, and Campbell is #3.

I'm really interested in basic science research, possible focusing on cancer or anti-addiction. Possibly considering part-time community also in addition to that. Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

You want other people to decide your future? Make your own decisions.

It comes down to your choice. All are good schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not familiar with these schools. But if you are happy with all programs, check the lowest price, check the area you will be living, in terms of how easy to find apartment and rent. You want to be close to school. If you drive check the insurance prices. Check living costs

MUSC won't give you residency. i was told that i could do this be the administration, but they didn't follow through with it. i went and established residency (drivers license/local bank) there 15 months before starting school and was denied. don't let that affect your decision.