This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h3y

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished my first year of college and it was a sh*tshow. I have a cumulative 2.77 due to the biomedical engineering major I tried to pursue (meaning harder chemistry calc based, and harder physics) and I completely screwed myself I suppose. I got C+ when they should've been B's in the inorganic chems. And I recently got diagnosed with type 2 bipolar disorder because the events of my freshman were turbulent to say the least. I got the help that I needed pretty much after the damage was done. I'm going through treatment and I switched my major to psychology (I wanted a soft science so I wouldn't completely lose my mind) and I'm taking summer courses that I'm sure to get an A in. I think my gpa will raise to 2.91 or 2.98 because of them. But I did the calculations/guesses on future coursework and there's no way in hell am I going to reach a 3.5 without retaking chem and physics. At most I'll have a 3.3. Should I accept the inevitable SMP route or can I beef up my application without it and have cna experience (I plan on taking the course next summer--this summer I have to work), undergrad research, and mcat score?

Members don't see this ad.

Straight A s goes a long way. Try for that going forward. Good grades are easier after addressing the stress issues. Mcat will eventually 'prove' your mettle

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile