Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tushan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to improve my toefl score . I got 92 (IBT).

I did not get good score in speaking and writing section. Please give me some tips

Tushan

Members don't see this ad.

Try listening to the news and see how they pronounce words and improve your grammer.
Also, write about a particular topic and have someone check your grammer (english teacher, friend, parents) You can also try reading a newspaper.

Hi everyone,

I want to improve my toefl score . I got 92 (IBT).

I did not get good score in speaking and writing section. Please give me some tips

Tushan

Improve your grammar skills, get a good reference book
Listen to news and news stories on American Channels
Read news and news stories
Speak with your friends and family members in English
Read some books with grade 9 (or above) students
Try to write some essays on hot topics in a given frame of time and get it corrected from a teacher (school, University or other) and get a feedback from them.

Do your sincere efforts not only to get 100 marks but to improve your personal aptitude. Afterall, you are going to be a dentist in a English speaking country and you must have better command on language skills.

If you work hard with this spirit then your destination is not far from you !

Good luck, you will get it :thumbup:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Improve your grammar skills, get a good reference book
Listen to news and news stories on American Channels
Read news and news stories
Speak with your friends and family members in English
Read some books with grade 9 (or above) students
Try to write some essays on hot topics in a given frame of time and get it corrected from a teacher (school, University or other) and get a feedback from them.

Do your sincere efforts not only to get 100 marks but to improve your personal aptitude. Afterall, you are going to be a dentist in a English speaking country and you must have better command on language skills.

If you work hard with this spirit then your destination is not far from you !

Good luck, you will get it :thumbup:

Thanks for your tips

tushan

Hello Tushan,
I was in the same situation like you, I suffered a lot for Toefl, at the 4th time I got 102, before that I had 90 and 91 in USA and 86 in India...here is my experience...
You can't improve yr english within a month...Its a long process, so start from today not only for Toefl, but also for yr future communication in this english speaking country...
Practice Writing essays, here I have attached one site that guides u for essay writing...its really good, before that I wrote many essays, but haphazardly...It teaches you how to write essays systemically...

My speaking is bad too. So, even after passing my Toefl, I try to improve my speaking, so it will help me for better communication in future...In below attached site, you can hear sample answer, answers by registered students and comments by experts and I think you can also submit yr answer, its great!!! buy headphone, if u don't have one, download voice recording software and practice on your own...listen it 2 times and recognize yr mistakes, try to minimize that in yr final exam...

watch news and English movies, in between if you don't get any word, just try to look it in dictionary.com and also find similar words...

http://www.english-itutor.com/TOEFL_iBT.html

http://www.cz-training.com/toefl/improve01.html

Hello Tushan,
I was in the same situation like you, I suffered a lot for Toefl, at the 4th time I got 102, before that I had 90 and 91 in USA and 86 in India...here is my experience...
You can't improve yr english within a month...Its a long process, so start from today not only for Toefl, but also for yr future communication in this english speaking country...
Practice Writing essays, here I have attached one site that guides u for essay writing...its really good, before that I wrote many essays, but haphazardly...It teaches you how to write essays systemically...

My speaking is bad too. So, even after passing my Toefl, I try to improve my speaking, so it will help me for better communication in future...In below attached site, you can hear sample answer, answers by registered students and comments by experts and I think you can also submit yr answer, its great!!! buy headphone, if u don't have one, download voice recording software and practice on your own...listen it 2 times and recognize yr mistakes, try to minimize that in yr final exam...

watch news and English movies, in between if you don't get any word, just try to look it in dictionary.com and also find similar words...

hi uthsc
i am also in the same boat i find the reading section kind of hard i dont know wht to do for how long did u practice toefl before taking the 4th time cos im really anxious is my studying pattern wron or wht i dont know pls shed some light thank you your help would be appreciated

hi uthsc
i am also in the same boat i find the reading section kind of hard i dont know wht to do for how long did u practice toefl before taking the 4th time cos im really anxious is my studying pattern wron or wht i dont know pls shed some light thank you your help would be appreciated

I was in the same boat , i used to get 27, 28, in all sections expt reading. In reading, it will be 20 or 21, so finally total score end up with 97 or 98,so what i did ,i concentrated on reading sections. I started doing cds,like longman,cambridge, kaplan,esl.worked hard for 2 to 3 weeks. I got a good RESULT.it was 29 in reading section

Low scores doesnt means that you are weak in particular section, but you cant do everything within the time limit.PRACTICE WILL MAKE YOU PERFECT.

Hello Tushan,

Hi UTSHC,

Thanks for giving me some hope.

If you have problem in reading section, only solution is practice, give all practice exams of Barron's, kaplan, longman, ETS, delta and Thomson...
also search online for reading test, you will find it for sure...time is also imp...try to finish section before 30 seconds...and if you are running short of time, just make a quick guess...don't leave it blank...

If you have problem in reading section, only solution is practice, give all practice exams of Barron's, kaplan, longman, ETS, delta and Thomson...
also search online for reading test, you will find it for sure...time is also imp...try to finish section before 30 seconds...and if you are running short of time, just make a quick guess...don't leave it blank...

hi uthsc
thankyou for your advice you mean to refer these books rt and yes i had got some sites to practice reading do you know anything about the aegd houston program thank you once again for your advice

I was in the same boat , i used to get 27, 28, in all sections expt reading. In reading, it will be 20 or 21, so finally total score end up with 97 or 98,so what i did ,i concentrated on reading sections. I started doing cds,like longman,cambridge, kaplan,esl.worked hard for 2 to 3 weeks. I got a good RESULT.it was 29 in reading section

Low scores doesnt means that you are weak in particular section, but you cant do everything within the time limit.PRACTICE WILL MAKE YOU PERFECT.

hi gowri thank you for inspiring me where did u buy the cds from i was just loosing hope but its said that keep on trying until u reach your goal and i believe that god will help me this time thanks

Hi...
Sorry, I don't know abt that program...