Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help Pls!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by corona 247, Apr 2, 2004.

1. corona 247

corona 247 SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

I am interested in going to a DO school yet also applied to MS schools. Going over interview responses on the Medical Interview web page, i noticed that many DO schools asked teh quest.: How many MD and DO schools did you apply to and why DO over MD?

DO DO schools have information beforhand telling them which schools i applied to -- do they have acces to the list of schools i had my AACOMAS sent to?

Those of you accepted to DO schools, what were your answers to the above quest?

Thanks so much

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LovelyRita

LovelyRita Blade Slinger
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah they might ASK you...

I can't say for sure that there's not some kind of amcas/aacomas underground network. Even if there is, legally they would have to let you know about it if they were going to make a decision based on it IMHO.

Just be honest. You'll do fine.
    M.

4. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I think DO schools know to which DO schools you applied because it says on the app. Just be honest if they ask because that's all you can do.

5. DORoe

DORoe BWAAA HAAA HAAA
    7+ Year Member

Schools aren't stupid they know that the vast majority of people apply to multiple schools. Just be honest with them and tell them where you applied.

6. instrumental

instrumental COMP 2008
    7+ Year Member

For COMP, their seconday asked you to list the MD and DO programs that you applied to. Just be honest. DO schools know that a lot of their applicants apply to both DO and MD schools. For me, I applied to both because in the begining, I could not decide which one I wanted. But after some time, I saw that DO suited me best. And thats what I told them, and they'll respect it. No one ever applies to just one school. Schools know you apply to many to increase your chances. Just be honest.

7. i'm sure tehy have the info about the schools u applied to.i just applied to DO schools.

i was surprised by an interviewers response when i told him names of all the schools i applied to.he simply said "so u do remember them all!".if it was supposed to be a joke, it wasn't funny!if not, i wonder what he had for breakfast that morning.anyway, my response was a polite smile.