Help! prerequisites from a foreign country

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxi02

foxi
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I am planning to apply to ICO, NECO, Pacific, and SUNY this year. I am hoping to find help and advise from those who are US permanent residents, hold the BS degree from another country and got accepted or applying to the optometry school.
I am US permanent resident (I have a Green Card). I graduated 6 years ago from university in Estonia with BS in Bio-and Food Technology. My degree covers most of the prerequisites. I also took some of the prerequisites at the local community college. My prereq GPA is about 3.84
If anybody in a similar situation:
Did you have a hard time applying with prerequisites taken from different country?
Do you think retaking them worth it?
DO you think the time gap of 6 years will have big influence on the acceptance decision?

I would really appreciate any help and advice.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I am planning to apply to ICO, NECO, Pacific, and SUNY this year. I am hoping to find help and advise from those who are US permanent residents, hold the BS degree from another country and got accepted or applying to the optometry school.
I am US permanent resident (I have a Green Card). I graduated 6 years ago from university in Estonia with BS in Bio-and Food Technology. My degree covers most of the prerequisites. I also took some of the prerequisites at the local community college. My prereq GPA is about 3.84
Did you have a hard time applying with prerequisites taken from different country?
DO you think the time gap of 6 years will have big influence on the acceptance decision?

You should discuss with the schools you are applying to, but almost certainly you will have to have your foreign credentials evaluated by a service that specializes in doing just that.

http://www.ece.org/

If your credits transfer, or at least compare favorably to American credits, then you should have no problems.

Hi,

YOu dont need to retake any of the courses since they are less than 10yrs. Just have your transcripts evaluated by any of those services like WES or ECE. With your Science total GPA, you should be fine.
Hope this helps but you can always call the schools up when in doubt.

Thanks a lot
I really appreciate all your responses