Help ranking, plz?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elaboratewithdodge

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you help me rank these based on overall reputation and livability?
1- Austin Dell
2- West Virginia
3- Nebraska
4- George Washington
5- Minnesota
6- Iowa
7- Missouri- Columbia
8- Oklahoma
9- Arkansas
10- Connecticut
11- SUNY- Upstate
12- SUNY- Downstate
13- Rutgers
14- Methodist Houston

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Having only interviewed at Austin-Dell several years ago, I found it to be a weak program back then and not sure if much has changed since then.

Limited number of faculty and limited diversity among subspecialities, residents didn't seem that happy (other than "well I get to live in Austin"), didn't seem like the clinical work was rigorous enough.

I would say for Austin; reputation is poor, livability is nice, but Austin has become a very expensive and traffic ridden city.

Reactions: 1 users
The only ones on that list I'm familiar with are Iowa and Minnesota. Both are solid programs with some respected faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Methodist, Minnesota and Iowa are the probably the best ones on your list

Thank you very much everyone. How about George Washington and Uconn? Any insights from those programs.

Where does Indiana fit in that group? I'm struggling with a similar list in places
Don’t know much about it but my senior went to school there and tells me it’s an OK program.

Iowa and MN are solid. I have friend at Methodist and says place is solid too

Can you help me rank these based on overall reputation and livability?
1- Austin Dell
2- West Virginia
3- Nebraska
4- George Washington
5- Minnesota
6- Iowa
7- Missouri- Columbia
8- Oklahoma
9- Arkansas
10- Connecticut
11- SUNY- Upstate
12- SUNY- Downstate
13- Rutgers
14- Methodist Houston
Oklahoma and Arkansas might as well be twins honestly, with the exception that Arkansas is on the whole much prettier in my opinion. I lived in the OKC/Edmond area for much of my life until two years ago (actually in AR). OKC has really become quite nice over the past 10 years and has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, microbreweries, restaurants etc. The art districts are great, also has a decently vibrant musician community I was apart of throughout the 2010’s. If I go neuro, definitely hoping to match there at OUHSC. But I am biased of course lol.

Where does Indiana fit in that group? I'm struggling with a similar list in places
Know a couple of IU grads that think it's OK. Probably not as good as Iowa or MN.