Help selecting schools! (Less research oriented)

Started by welcometo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

welcometo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I'll be applying this cycle! But I have no idea where to apply.
I have no research experience; not that i don't enjoy it, I just never had the opportunity (which is a bit sad)

So what schools would you all suggest?

UC undergrad.
MCAT 39 (v12 p14 b13)
GPA 3.6
BCPM 3.8

I have volunteering, clinical experience, extracurriculars!
I have no preference on location!😍 U ALL
 
Considering that you have a decent overall GPA, a competitive BCPM GPA, and an EXCELLENT MCAT score (congrats!), I really don't think you should have too much trouble in the application process. You mentioned you had good ECs, now all you need are great LORs and you should be fine.

I suggest you apply to your state schools, definitely some top schools (Columbia, Cornell, Emory, etc.), and some mid-tier out of state schools that accept a good number of non-residents. My only concern with the top schools is that your overall GPA is not up to par with those schools (but your BCPM definitely is).

Also, the fact that you have no preference on location makes choosing schools even easier.

Best of luck! :luck: