Help!! Should I make my LD writing class p/np?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoyKim456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It isn't so much the writing that gets to me as it is the large volume of reading associated with it. I know what you're thinking. "How can you not handle the reading of a LD writing course and expect to handle the reading involved in medical school??". My response to that is I can handle anything related to medicine or science. It is very common for me to read 100-150 pages of a medical journal or science textbook in a single day. But in this LD writing course most of the work is literature. On top of all this, I am taking 17 units, and I am just a new freshman. My dilemma is: will doing this be a problem later on once medical school admission time rolls around? I'm a freshman btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Taking a class pass/fail doesn't matter to med schools unless it is a pre-req. I took histology P/F and no one ever even asked about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would LD writing be a pre req at a significant number of med schools?

Not that specific class, but schools may have a general English requirement that it might satisfy (I'm assuming it's considered an English class?). My school requires two semesters of English (many courses qualified for this) but they also said that that they wouldn't accept classes taken pass/fail, CLEP, or AP credit.